JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Just The 2 Of Us vs. Mocking Bird

Which one do you think is better (lyrically/musically)?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think is better (lyrically/musically)?

• Just The Two Of Us
    • Mocking Bird

Ok, i know its kinda stupid to make such a comparison, but please put down your "loretta" site down for a moment to keep it objectiv. So what do you think is better? I think Just The 2 Of Us has the better sound but lyrically Mocking Bird is way better.

Don't get me wrong and don't misunderstand it. I dont want to critisize FP or disrespect him. Just want to have a honest and real answer from you.

JJFP Rock The House

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the 2 of us is sooooo much better both musically and lyrically. Just the two of us also gives advice to other ppl not just his son. Its something a lot of kids have to go thru and its a subject not touched on often.

Eminems song is just annoying, he says how he thinks his kid is sad bcoz her mum and dad arnt there, well if he was a good dad he would be there for her. Any decent human being would put thier child before thier career, thats why Will missed the oscars to get back to Willow when she was ill.

I dont mean to be nasty either but it makes me laugh when eminem says they saved up $1000 for college and it got stolen from the house. Has he ever heard of a bank account?? and he says hes gonna break the birds neck which completely loses all credibility he got from actually making a serious song.

I can see an argument breaking out soon.

Dammit, Just the two of us is one of the most original, amazing, astounding, miraculous, remarkable, startling, sensational, stupendous

music, that has ever been created... :peace:

It beats mocking bird in every point !!! :ali:

:kekeke:

But you are so damn right on this one! Just The Two Of Us has my vote to! :thumb:

I have to agree with Julie... Just the Two of Us is an encouraging song... there's a strong feeling of love and family togetherness... selflessness and caring... The song is quite moving, and it really doesn't matter what neighborhood you grew up in or how gangsta you are, everyone should be able to enjoy the positive message that is conveyed through it.

I have to agree with Julie... Just the Two of Us is an encouraging song... there's a strong feeling of love and family togetherness... selflessness and caring... The song is quite moving, and it really doesn't matter what neighborhood you grew up in or how gangsta you are, everyone should be able to enjoy the positive message that is conveyed through it.

"Just The Two Of Us" is a great song, "Mockingbird" is aight for Eminem's quality since most of his songs are mediocre, I think "You and Me" by Nas is closer to "Just The Two Of Us" level than "Mockingbird" though.

I had 2 go with "Just The Two of Us." "Mocking Bird" is a dope song. It's one of the only songs i've like by Eminem in the past 4 years. The problem with that song is, he's compliaining about things he can change. With FP's "Just The Two of Us," he's putting alot more heart in2 the lyrics and the advice he gives in the song is amazing. A few years before "Tell Me Why" waz written, he said "Just The Two of Us" waz him at his lyrical best. Many of us might not agree with him on that, but i think we all know where he waz coming from when he said that.

• Members

"Just The Two Of Us". The sincerity in Will's voice is totally missing in Eminem. And his flow was also very weak in the track. It was as if he was just talking. And also like Julie said, the breaking the mockingbird's neck line really annoyed me. I think Slim should just stick to funny tracks like "Just Lose It" and "Ass Like That", because those were the best tracks in Encore.

I said Just The Two Of Us, cuz i agreed with Will, a few years ago when he said it was his lyrical best, (now along with Tell Me Why) Summertime is a great classic song but to me, these are Will's best (just my opinion)b/c of the messages and strong imagery, whenever i pull out my video collection I watch Just The Two Of first, b/c i think it's amazingly beautiful and honest, both the song and video...a lesson for any child (esp. boys) from their father, and i was glad that Will also made it a point to do the song, video, and book, as a way to deal with negative stereotypes associated with minority fathers, as he said once on tv

and these lyrics have always stuck with me since hearing it:

Throughout life people will make you mad

Disrespect you and treat you bad

Let God deal with the things they do

'Cause hate in ya heart will consume you too

Now, Mockingbird is a good song as well but like Aj said, i don't like how he complains/addresses things he can change, though i tend to like all his songs for Hailie, Mockingbird, Hailie's Song, but it's like he can't stay serious w/o saying something to ruin it ("don't **** with dad") could've easily been substituted even though i heard he makes clean versions for her, and i won't even start on his version of Just The Two Of Us('97 Bonnie and Clyde)......but overall i do like the lyrical content of Mockingbird b/c despite his issues it's clear Hailie's his #1

but when it comes down to it, Just The Two Of Us is better, in my opinion :thumb:

Edited by willjadafan

like father like son by the game is pretty good too, not a advice song, more about how he was when he got the child. the best song on that mediocre album.

I had 2 go with "Just The Two of Us." "Mocking Bird" is a dope song. It's one of the only songs i've like by Eminem in the past 4 years. The problem with that song is, he's compliaining about things he can change. With FP's "Just The Two of Us," he's putting alot more heart in2 the lyrics and the advice he gives in the song is amazing. A few years before "Tell Me Why" waz written, he said "Just The Two of Us" waz him at his lyrical best. Many of us might not agree with him on that, but i think we all know where he waz coming from when he said that.

I didnt look at it out of this aspect... its true, but the song is really good and i think that it deserves a high place in the charts right after Will Smith :dancingcool:

I mean its a song which comes from his heart and his flow fits to the beat and even his voice isnt sounding so annoying.

I like the way he tells the story about their past.

... uhm, i just have to think at Willow is a player. That track is one of Wills worst. :nono:

JJFP Rock The House

btw, its good to see that there is also other stuff beyond blink blink and B!tches in rap songs nowadays.