JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The damn forum hacked :/

Lerkot

• Admin

WHOIS results for 203.210.212.182

Looking up 203.210.212.182 at whois.apnic.net.

Using 0 day old cached answer (or, you can get fresh results).

Displaying E-mail address (use sparingly -- this will make it more likely that you will trigger our rate limiting system).

% [whois.apnic.net node-2]

% Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

inetnum: 203.210.128.0 - 203.210.255.255

netname: VNPT-VNNIC-VN

descr: Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications (VNPT)

descr: 23 Phan Chu Trinh st., Hanoi capital, Vietnam

admin-c: NXC1-AP

tech-c: KNH1-AP

changed: hm-changed@vnnic.net.vn 20041011

mnt-by: MAINT-VN-VNNIC

mnt-lower: MAINT-VN-VNPT

source: APNIC

person: Nguyen Xuan Cuong

nic-hdl: NXC1-AP

e-mail: cuong.ng@vnn.vn

address: Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications (VNPT)

address: 18 Nguyen Du street, Hanoi capital, Vietnam

phone: +84-4-9430427

fax-no: +84-4-8226861

changed: hm-changed@vnnic.net.vn 20040527

mnt-by: VNPT

person: Khanh Nguyen Hien

address: Vietnam Datacommunications Company (VDC)

address: 258 Ba Trieu street, Hanoi capital, Vietnam

phone: +84-4-8212680

fax-no: +84-4-9760397

e-mail: pbthuy29@vnn.vn

nic-hdl: KNH1-AP

remarks: Contact: pbthuy29@vnn.vn

mnt-by: VNPT

changed: admin.vnn@vnnic.net.vn 20020604

Vietnam just got their asses firewalled, ****ing morons

ha censored, F U TIM haha

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

OK everyone go look around the forum and make sure everything is back to normal.

The entire country of Vietnam has been blocked at the firewall, that place seems to be pretty much worthless for any valid internet traffic.

• Admin

Well like anything you get the bad with the good, I'm an engineer in a internet datacenter and a good bit of our "crap" traffic comes from Vietnam, Russia, China, and Taiwan. We filter out as little as we can to keep access open for everyone to the 2000 or so servers we host and the hundreds of thousands of websites on those servers.

On the other hand on my personal servers it's a bit more personal, some of the countries have gotten so bad about this hacking/virus/worm crap that I just block large ranges of internet addresses from those countries...it's honestly like they have nothing better to do with their time but to cause trouble.

When issues like this come up in the US then we as the hosting provider contact other hosting providers and ISP's to deal with the issues that come up. These other countries that I listed above just don't give a damn what their users do, we file abuse reports and threaten to block their internet addresses and they never bother to say anything...well so be it...we block them.

Oddly enough the only time we ever hear from these places is when they have a user that can't reach websites in our data center...geee I wonder why.

So I'm sorry I have to ruin it for the "real" users but the bad out weighs the good in this case. My time is more important to keep my servers running in top condition than to leave them "open" and chase down foreign hackers/script kiddies everyday so that some legit traffic can get through.

This by no means says that the entire Vietnam population alone is a bunch of worthless people, but it does say something about the overall picture of things. But like with any other race/culture you always have the morons who ruin it for everyone else.

Incase anyone was wondering this was not a hacker, this is what’s referred to as a “script kiddie”…this is basically someone that read about a hole in some software on some “hacking” site then runs to google to search for versions of software that is vulnerable and on the net…then that person runs around to all of them, not caring what the site is about and just “hacks” it following the steps someone posted somewhere.

Their only goal is to “hack” as many sites as they can and tell all their little wanna be friends so they look “cool”, I deal with this crap almost every day on customer servers…it gets old after awhile. This forum is slightly outdated and does have a hole in the software which allowed the access for this person to delete some posts and rename the forum, they still couldn’t do anything with the website account itself or the server.

I’ll be addressing outdated software issue with Tim in the next few days, so we can avoid this problem in the future.

ALSO! if any of you know of anyone in Vietnam that are “real” members on this forum I need to know their usernames, so I can find their internet addresses and try to let them through the firewall.