JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

will lets his kids listen to rap

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hopefully his kids can hear un-edited stuff sooner than later because the edited albums just gets on my nerves so much that I never buy any album if only it's edited version gets released.

In the words of the infamous Fred Durst:

"Ain’t it a shame that you can’t say f*ck (f*ck!).

F*ck’s just a word and it’s all f*cked up."

SMITH ALLOWS CHILDREN TO LISTEN TO GANGSTA RAP

WILL SMITH is happy to let his young children listen to gangsta rap - as long as the swear words are taken out.

The SWITCH rapper, who prides himself on using clean lyrics in his tracks, admits his three children are allowed to listen to whatever they want - as long as the cursing is removed.

He tells BLENDER magazine, "I don't shield my kids from any of that stuff. They listen to everything.

"But they do all the clean versions. You can go on the iTUNES music store and download clean versions of everything."

20/05/2005 19:35

Why shouldn`t he?I think that`s completly normal...

That's normal, no prob 4 me... :werd: :ditto:

Hopefully his kids can hear un-edited stuff sooner than later because the edited albums just gets on my nerves so much that I never buy any album if only it's edited version gets released.

yeah i see ur point, but u gotta remember how young Will & Jaden are. i think Trey could listen 2 that stuff cuz he would understand it and that it's bad. i think Will's 2 younger ones r too young 2 understand that kinda stuff and shouldn't be learnin how 2 curse at that young of an age.

yeah that sounds fair enough, u cant force kids to like what u like. What im wondering is tho after they have taken out all the cussing and unsuitable stuff is there a lot left?

This also might expalin Jadens G unit t shirt, but dont worry hes still young, i mean i liked vanilla ices song but ive since seen the light.

• Members

yeah i see ur point, but u gotta remember how young Will & Jaden are. i think Trey could listen 2 that stuff cuz he would understand it and that it's bad. i think Will's 2 younger ones r too young 2 understand that kinda stuff and shouldn't be learnin how 2 curse at that young of an age.

Yeah, perhaps they are too young to come across explicit lyrics.

:word:

I agree. Older kids are capable of hearing things but not necessarily emulating them. Younger kids on the other hand are very impressionable and will more likely than not repeat what they hear. However, just because kids are exposed to something doesn't mean that you have to allow them to immerse themselves in it. Kids these days are growing up too quickly. They don't have any business hearing these lyrics full of profanity and sexual references. There's no 6 or even 12 year old that really needs to be exposed to those things just for the sake of being exposed. They'll have the rest of their lives for that. Let them retain their innocence for at least a reasonable meaure of time.

Edited by MaxFly

yeah that sounds fair enough, u cant force kids to like what u like. What im wondering is tho after they have taken out all the cussing and unsuitable stuff is there a lot left?

actually, even if u take out the cussing, the content of the song, i.e the violence or the sexual content is still left in there. For example, if u take out the cuss words in "Candy Shop" what do u get? A song with sexually suggestive content, but no cuss words.

I don't care what Will lets his kids listen to really. Him and Jada are strong parents it seems. I would let my kids listen to rap. Not when they're 5 though, I would keep an eye out on them. Other than that, u can't put too much restrictions if they really wanna hear it.

The topics title is strange - Im gonna let my kids listen to rap to because there's nothin wrong with rap, just with most rappers... Actually my kid aint gonna listen to ANYTHING but rap. And if they try, I will look em up in a room and play JJFP at its loudest, mohahahaha!