JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

hey do you remember?

Guest Prince
That's what sets TFPOBA aside from so many other tv programmes. The acting is fantastic and at that stage it began to show us what FP is really capable of as an actor. In that scene he captivates the audience and has everybody watching feeling emotionally drained. I can't speak for anyone else, but when I first saw that I was caught way off guard and was just thinking, "wow... dayum".

[quote=Prince,Jul 18 2004, 02:52 PM]That's what sets TFPOBA aside from so many other tv programmes. The acting is fantastic and at that stage it began to show us what FP is really capable of as an actor. In that scene he captivates the audience and has everybody watching feeling emotionally drained. I can't speak for anyone else, but when I first saw that I was caught way off guard and was just thinking, "wow... dayum".[/quote]
So true, Will really displayed his acting when he told the writers he wanted to focus on real life issues, just not him not listening to his uncle and goin down to the pool hall and gettin hustled (lol)...thats why he did that one episode where he got shot and stuff. It also turned around with the new Vivian. haha

• Members
[quote=3cookies,Jul 17 2004, 04:07 AM][quote=Foxy11,Jul 15 2004, 12:41 PM] Yeah Will did really well, that part broke me down too, good episode. :tear:[/quote]
[font="Arial"][color=blue]I was the same way too Foxy...it touched me, becuase in real life, I felt the same about my dad...how could a man bring a child in the world, and just want nothing to do with them? I think it hampers their potential level of success, or at least can contribute to prolong (a "denied" child's) success., because they sometimes have to go thru life, making unwise decisions before they realize how to go about making positive changes with certain situations in life...

it definately makes a stronger inner child, if they are wise enough not to take a completly and obviously wrong path...

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font] [/quote]
Good points 3cookies. I think that last scene was really good because it showed the feeling behind every kid who has ever felt denied or neglected by a parent and what goes through their minds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't have the set so I can't watch them...I remember the most emotional ones that I really thought I was gonna tear up at (and probably did at that age) was the one where Will was trying to get Boyz II Men to show up, and then the one that REALLY got me was the one where Carlton ingested the speed pills that Will had in his locker that some punk kid gave to him to study. And then Carlton almost died, but he wouldn't rat on Will. That was good.

• 4 weeks later...