JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jay-Z and Will Smith ...Business partners?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waz it Jay-Z or Puffy that beat Steve Stout down with the telephone? If it waz Jay-Z, it's hilarious since he's also an investor. I think Puffy beat him with the phone and Jay-Z is the one stabbed Lance "Un" Rivera. It's so hard 2 keep up with these B and C level rappers.

Will's gonna be buisiness partners with Tommy Motola? :confused3: I thought they didn't get along that well on Columbia!

Waz it Jay-Z or Puffy that beat Steve Stout down with the telephone? If it waz Jay-Z, it's hilarious since he's also an investor. I think Puffy beat him with the phone and Jay-Z is the one stabbed Lance "Un" Rivera. It's so hard 2 keep up with these B and C level rappers.

it was diddy. Although it is a coincidence that Jay and Steve Stoute are now business partners since Steve Stoute is close to Nas (his manager it think?). Anyways, Jay wouldn't be what most call a B or C level rapper. He's a big commodity that has, whether u like it or not, brought a whole business side to hip-hop, and the possibilities out there for rappers to make profits. Diddy, on the other hand, is a B or C level rapper with no talent and a waining record label.

... Anyways, Jay wouldn't be what most call a B or C level rapper. He's a big commodity that has, whether u like it or not, brought a whole business side to hip-hop, and the possibilities out there for rappers to make profits. Diddy, on the other hand, is a B or C level rapper with no talent and a waining record label.

Edited by bigted

ok let's just drop this b4 it starts in2 an argument again!!

it's clear that mimi listens 2 most stuff from '97-present which is why she defends 50 Cent and likes Jay-Z and others

it's clear that Ted listens 2 mostly old skool stuff from '85 on and doesn't like the new mainstream stuff

let's just respect each other's opinions cuz u 2 obviously don't have the same tastes in rap music :peace:

ok let's just drop this b4 it starts in2 an argument again!!

it's clear that mimi listens 2 most stuff from '97-present which is why she defends 50 Cent and likes Jay-Z and others

it's clear that Ted listens 2 mostly old skool stuff from '85 on and doesn't like the new mainstream stuff

let's just respect each other's opinions cuz u 2 obviously don't have the same tastes in rap music :peace:

wow smartie... what are u psychic? I'm not a huge fan of old, old school rap like Public Enemy or LL Cool J, I admit, but I do love some early 90's stuff. I grew up on Pac and Biggie, to me that era was prime. Sorry, but u don't know me, so don't talk about obvious. I don't like Jay-z as a rapper, all I said was he was a good business man. When it comes to business ventures and expanding hip-hop culture into the mainstream, this guy has done it. Sorry, but u read me wrong.

... Anyways, Jay wouldn't be what most call a B or C level rapper. He's a big commodity that has, whether u like it or not, brought a whole business side to hip-hop, and the possibilities out there for rappers to make profits. Diddy, on the other hand, is a B or C level rapper with no talent and a waining record label.

As much as I don't like P. Diddy as a rapper, I acknowledge that he's a smart buisiness man too and a great producer with mediocre rhyme skills(he ain't the only producer that can't rap) but neither him or Jay-Z were the 1st entrepeneurs in hip-hop, cats like Run-Dmc, JJFP, LL Cool J, and MC Hammer were the pioneers to help rappers find other ways to make money besides music, you got give them credit whether you like their music or not, they've done for hip-hop artists to have commercial success today, Jay-Z or Diddy wouldn't be the same if hip-hop never crossed over in the late '80s and early '90s.

Edited by *mimi*