JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Edgier Songs

I've been thinking and I think that during Will's career on Columbia, he should've made a video for one of his "battle" songs. Songs like
- Don't Say Nothin
- Big Willie Style
- I'm Comin'
- Uhhhhh
- Da Butta
..etc

I can definatly see a video for "I'm Comin'"..people look a Will nowadays as a "pop" artist and not a real rapper. He could prove everyone wrong. The video could be a single that would be the 2nd or 3rd single & video off the album. It's not really changing his style, it's him being himself. He could prove them all wrong. I hope he does that with the next album. "Freakin' It" was somewhat like a battle song just by the lyrics but it used a terrible sample and it sounded "popish" and soft. What y'all think.

I don't think he should have exactly released those songs. I just think he should have NOT released all movie, party, dance trax. Just The Two of Us, So Fresh, and Just Cruisin' are the only videos/singles he released that wern't movie, party, dance trax.

"I'm Comin'" should have definitly been a single/video..."Don't Say Nothin'" is also a good choice. I think "Da Butta" would have resulted in career-death.

• Members
Wills career is dead now actually..
dont say nothing would have been cool BWS also
And I like that one song(cant remember name) on bws thats about this girl that cheated on him or soemthingt hats kinda edgy tough.
But then again a single is ment as pomotion and mainly party tracks seem to work best for will

:werd: Those would have all been dope singles(except "Da Butta") to show that Will's more of a lyricist than people perceive him to be. He could have also released "Born To Reign" as well if it was longer than one verse 'cause that song had a lot of deep lyricism in that one verse(he could have added KRS-ONE or Chuck D to the song, but Columbia wouldn' allow that though). It all comes down to creative freedom with Will having to everything the way Columbia Records and a new label will be able to help get Will's credability back(as long as it's not a strictly pop label like Columbia, there's nothing wrong with Will going to a label like Def Jam or J Records to get that).

[quote=Daedalus Mortality,May 23 2004, 05:49 AM]Wills career is dead now actually..[/quote]
His career is not dead, In 1997 Will released his best selling album after mediocre sales from "Code Red" so that is a foolish statement to make! :nhawong: You'll be right though if this album coming out does poorly from a sales standpoint but I couldn't see that happen 'cause he has too big of a fanbase(but a majority of them will probably download it like they did on "Born To Reign"). Wait and see though, after Will releases this album and goes multiplatinum, you'll look like a big dumbass, why you gotta be so negative? :cussing:

Will's got a new album finished and 2 new movies on the way...in no way is his career dead. Just last summer he had one of the biggest movies out. Will has come back succesfull after weather a lack-luster album and movie over and over again. I think that's what he means when he says "i'm a pressure playa / i'ma hit it when it counts."

I will agree that some people are very negative and always expect the worse in every topic. U can look at almost anything in life and say ONLY good or ONLY bad things about. Focusing only on the bad is no way 2 live...ha ha. Edited by JumpinJack AJ

• Members
[quote](he could have added KRS-ONE or Chuck D to the song, but Columbia wouldn' allow that though[/quote]I doubt that lol... lets not make Columbia some devil that doesnt want ANYTHING wertn biz markie and slick ick on willenium?

and yes 1997 thats 7 years ago man!!! most rappers careers dont even last 7 years!!!

but WIllenium did nice also so thats 4 years, but 4 years is stil long enough to have a career death in my opinion.

and i wasnt talking about movies, i was talking about music @ AJ

[quote]Wait and see though, after Will releases this album and goes multiplatinum, you'll look like a big dumbass, why you gotta be so negative?[/quote]
I wont look like a dumb ass, Im saying his career is dead right now im not saying it will never be ok again :kekeke:

And you are the guys allways talking negative, I dont talk whit negative or positive messeges (atleast when its about these type of things) I just try to say the truth how I see it. if it is positive i will say something positive if it isnt I wont...its that simple

i will never understand y im comin wasnt released, that would have been so great instead of freakin it.

And when u say Wills career is dead, he is definatly comin bk with his rap big time. Its like that story when jeff beat him at a video game and Will went and studied the game until he was really good and then kicked jeffs ass. Its the same with his rap, Will says he will not loose, so when his last albums sales wernt too good im sure he went bk to that studio and basically kicked ass. If i know Will right he is gonna make damn sure this album is gonna be big, coz Will refuses to loose.

Thats y he his taking his time with it, to get the right record deal and get the right time to release it, coz he is making sure he does it right.

What's done is done. If Will had replaced a track as a single 4 Big Willie Style instead of one that waz already a single, everything would have drastically changed. 4 Willennium tho', anything would have been better than releasing "Freakin' It" as a single. "The Rain" would have been the best.

• Admin
they said wills career was dead after and in this corner..they said wills career was dead after code red.. you are saying his career is dead after born to reign..discount will at your own peril :eek4: :nhawong:

[quote=Hero1,May 23 2004, 05:03 PM]they said wills career was dead after and in this corner..they said wills career was dead after code red.. you are saying his career is dead after born to reign..discount will at your own peril :eek4: :nhawong:[/quote]
:werd: Look at how many comebacks Jordan made in the NBA(he won 3 rings after he retired in nine-trey and was still one of the best before he finally retired last year for the last time, we think) and how many times LL Cool J revitalized his rap career after sub-par albums(his career's the closest mirror image to FP), so "don't call it a comeback" Big Will's also been here for years! :rock: