JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 cent Avoids Jail Time

50 Cent is a pop rapper and not a true mc 'cause he doesn't speak reality in his music, but LL is 'cause he puts his life in his music and should get more respect for doing that, just 'cause your CD doesn't have a PA sticker shouldn't make you soft!

how do u know 50 doesn't include reality in his music. Name me 5 songs of his that aren't singles that possibly relate to his own life. If u can't, either u only heard of his singles, or u refuse to listen to anything by him. Every rapper nowadays makes songs with bs in them. You think "Switch" is a reality song? No. It's party music as it's meant to be. Do u think "Disco Inferno" was meant to be a song about reality? No. So LL speaks about real life in his music? Hasn't he made party songs too? If LL goes on talkin about pickin up women in his songs, and he's married, let's all applaud him for that! :speechless: That's not his reality!! But should I judge LL's content of his albums by just 2 singles on the radio? No. Like most rappers (except for Chingy or Nelly), I will give most rap albums a fair enough listen. Now all (well most) have a variety of different songs. Lost and Found had a majority of songs about how Will really felt about himself and rap music in real life. But then again he had a couple party tracks that mostly revolved around women. I say he can have both, as some other rappers are doin. I never said u gotta have a PA sticker, but the reality line in rap music is so blurred. Don't just give exceptions to your favorite artists. But if u wanna talk about "real" music, I don't even think LL is the one u should be puttin the shine on.

Edited by *mimi*

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hey, I somehow predicted that you would quote my post. And it came true. :hilarious:

^^^so instead of laughing u wanna respond??

Whoa girl, you're rude. :poke:

Okays honey, I'll respond. You posted your reply specifically stating:

But u guys just hate him soooooo much, that you're ignorant to anything that seems "moral" about the guy.

Now the key word in my post was that I am a HUGE fan of 50. I have several albums of his, I download most of his mixtape tracks, I have downloaded all of his music videos, and I really like 50. So there's no such thing as hating 50 Cent here. So please don't twist my post.

But the guy is a low-down dirty criminal and even if I enjoy his music a lot, that is a fact. So if you want to continue by posting your assignments to a criminal lawyer course, please go ahead. I'll try and not interfere with it. :thumb:

Hey, I somehow predicted that you would quote my post. And it came true. :hilarious:

^^^so instead of laughing u wanna respond??

Whoa girl, you're rude. :poke:

Okays honey, I'll respond. You posted your reply specifically stating:

But u guys just hate him soooooo much, that you're ignorant to anything that seems "moral" about the guy.
Now the key word in my post was that I am a HUGE fan of 50. I have several albums of his, I download most of his mixtape tracks, I have downloaded all of his music videos, and I really like 50. So there's no such thing as hating 50 Cent here. So please don't twist my post.

But the guy is a low-down dirty criminal and even if I enjoy his music a lot, that is a fact. So if you want to continue by posting your assignments to a criminal lawyer course, please go ahead. I'll try and not interfere with it. :thumb:

but my post in response to your quote was not directed at u only. I'm mostly talkin to the other people plus the fact u seem to be so convinced he's a drinker and a smoker

I could tell you're a fan, and I've heard of the "down low" criminal activity. But we can't just assume. If there's proof to that, I'll believe it. But in the meantime, I still believe he isn't a drug or alcohol user.

Hey I don't like him that much as a hip-hop artist, but I don't see nothin' wrong with LL doing love/party songs, people could relate to them, I don't see anything that would influence the kids to go down the wrong path, but with 50 Cent he raps about doing drugs, getting high, and having shootouts in the street, do we want our kids to grow up and get influenced from that, but this is only entertainment even though some don't think so, damn chill y'all! :blabla: I actually like of 50's earlier stuff before "Get Rich Or Die Trying", but I don't like a lot of his stuff now 'cause I think it's corny, I have a right to my opinion and you don't have to like LL as an artist but you should at least acknowledge that he ain't trying to be a fake gangsta just to sell albums.

Edited by bigted

Hey I don't like him that much as a hip-hop artist, but I don't see nothin' wrong with LL doing love/party songs, people could relate to them, I don't see anything that would influence the kids to go down the wrong path, but with 50 Cent he raps about doing drugs, getting high, and having shootouts in the street, do we want our kids to grow up and get influenced from that, but this is only entertainment even though some don't think so, damn chill y'all! :blabla:

yes... i'm sure there are a lot of married men with wandering eyes who can relate to LL. haha And lovin girls and partyin are the things we should be tellin kids and hope they use it as influence. 50 and LL both have their faults in music so stop puttin LL in a good position. He may seem a good influence now, but he was the guy who said in a song "she's got a big ol butt... so i'm leavin u." Yup, telling the "kids" (the most important rap audience it seems) to go after the girls with the bigger asses.

Let's just drop this thing. I thing I made my case early on, but this thing turned into a whole other dicussion

I decided to open up this topic one more time to get one thing clear, I know more about 50 Cent as a hip-hop artist than I do as a person so my opinion on him is based on his music, his music is meaningless, but I don't know that much about him as a person so I ain't dissin' him for that, but he did admit to not take care of his kids so I ain't feelin' him for that, all these negative comments he makes in the media too give me the impression that he's doing all this to sell records, some of this could be the media possibly trying to bring him down, but if he doesn't do drugs good for him, I ain't trying to be a hater and I ain't perfect either. The fact is though Chuck D, Al Sharpton, and Jessie Jackson criticize him too when they usually back any black man doing good things in society so it's not like fans are the only ones to criticize him. LL's a legend musically making songs about many things besides booty shaking and love songs although they're effective hits on his resume, but even 2Pac made song called "I Get Around" and "How Do U Want It?" about being a playa, but it's aight for him to do that 'cause he put a lot of heart into his other songs as well that 50 Cent never did so far, LL makes deep songs like 2Pac did also, in fact Pac gave LL props before, if he was alive they'd do a track together for sure, have you ever heard "Power Of God", "Can't Think", or "Big Mama"? I haven't seen anything inspirational from 50 Cent at all, some of his songs on his mixtapes had nice punchlines but not really inspirational material for me to listen to that much. Keep in mind also that Ray Charles was a drug addict but didn't put that negativity in his music. That's my last 2 cents, chill y'all! :peace:

Edited by bigted

I decided to open up this topic one more time to get one thing clear, I know more about 50 Cent as a hip-hop artist than I do as a person so my opinion on him is based on his music, his music is meaningless, but I don't know that much about him as a person so I ain't dissin' him for that, but he did admit to not take care of his kids so I ain't feelin' him for that, all these negative comments he makes in the media too give me the impression that he's doing all this to sell records, some of this could be the media possibly trying to bring him down, but if he doesn't do drugs good for him, I ain't trying to be a hater and I ain't perfect either. The fact is though Chuck D, Al Sharpton, and Jessie Jackson criticize him too when they usually back any black man doing good things in society so it's not like fans are the only ones to criticize him. LL's a legend musically making songs about many things besides booty shaking and love songs although they're effective hits on his resume, but even 2Pac made song called "I Get Around" and "How Do U Want It?" about being a playa, but it's aight for him to do that 'cause he put a lot of heart into his other songs as well that 50 Cent never did so far, LL makes deep songs like 2Pac did also, in fact Pac gave LL props before, if he was alive they'd do a track together for sure, have you ever heard "Power Of God", "Can't Think", or "Big Mama"?  I haven't seen anything inspirational from 50 Cent at all, some of his songs on his mixtapes had nice punchlines but not really inspirational material for me to listen to that much.  Keep in mind also that Ray Charles was a drug addict but didn't put that negativity in his music. That's my last 2 cents, chill y'all!  :peace:

Pac gave props to LL on "Old school" then dissed LL on "Against all odds." That's cuz LL dissed Pac on "I shot ya." If u know anything on Pac, he and LL weren't cool after that. BTW, Jesse Jackson shouldn't be looked up as some moral role model either. He's had an affair with a couple women, and a child with one of them. If u don't like 50 fine, but u completely threw away and ignored the reason why I got into anything with u guys on this topic, is 50 doesn't drink or do drugs. Period

Edited by *mimi*

one more thing Ted, I understand that since Pac showed different sides of himself, it's okay for him to do a song like "I get around." However, those were the types of songs tht got Pac into trouble from people calling him a thug, a mysogonist, all the negative images of Pac. No critics saw the good sides of him. I remember reading letters in Vibe magazines from readers who responded to any Pac interview or article while he was alive. Half of them blastied him calling him egotistical, a hoodrat, etc. Now 50cent doesn't have much variety. His passion IS different from Pac. But have I heard a few 50Cent songs that tackle other subjects besides sex, drugs, and violence? yes. But does the media or 50 haters ever mention those? No. After Pac died, was the only time people really took time to discover what he had to say in his music. Now 50 can NOT speak half the realness Pac had, but remember that a lot of Pac haters looked at 2Pac the same way 50 haters look at him.

Edited by *mimi*

where does 2Pac diss LL on that song? i just listened 2 it

I think it's "against all odds" but there's a infamous Pac song where he says "LL I'll rock your mother****in bells." (related to LL's song Rock My bells-that's the title right?). It was basically Pac dissin a couple ppl in that song so it wasn't meant to be given a positive light