JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 cent Avoids Jail Time

Why didn't Dr. Dre dump him from Aftermath then? I thought that you have to get high to do a song with Dr. Dre, that was the reason why Rakim's album never came out in the 1st place, so obviously 50 Cent is just frontin', of course he gets high, stop defending him so much! :poke:

^^^Well, u can't just say 50 does drugs because u want him to be the "bad guy". When he says he doesn't do it, it sounds sincere. U have to realize that drinkin champagne is part of the rap lifestyle nowadays. He's using it for image not in real life. So it's in his videos...it doens't have to represent reality. Will smokes like crazy in Independence Day. Is that real life? No. It's an image. He had a photoshoot where he's smokin a cigar? Is that real? No (although Will does smoke cigars ocassionally)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well actually you never really saw Will take a puff out of the cigar in Independence Day. You have one shot where Will is holding the cigar in his mouth and it ain't even lit. But anyway I think is that why does 50 have to say gettin high and drinking in his songs but he doesn't do it himself it shows you he ain't bein' real. If you say thats the way the rapworld is now a days why do you have to rap about what everybody else is doing. It reminds me of Will's Lost and Found. But hey I like 50's earlier stuff :dancingcool: . To me it just seems his stuff got old like he's repeating himself. :nono: I think starting fights with other rappers and doin other stupid s**** is just that stupid . Hey mimi I respect your opinion. Not maybe ppl would say anything to 50's defense. :thumb:

Well Will's the only one of few mcs that're "keepin' it real", a lot of rappers talk about how they're still in the streets but they're rich as hell, 50 Cent ain't the only one, but I feel these cats should stop frontin' and rap about what their life's really like not put on a fake stunt for record sales.

There seems to be a little 50 defending going on. Yet, the fact remains... 50 stepped on 2 women and punched a 3rd... What would people say if Will lost it and did that sort of thing.

Edited by MaxFly

• Members

What would people say if Will lost it and did that sort of thing.

He would sell multi-platinum albums and everybody would scream their lungs out that they are Will's biggest fan and Will's credibilty as a rapper would skyrocket to Mars.

There seems to be a little 50 defending going on. Yet, the fact remains... 50 stepped on 2 women and punched a 3rd... What would people say if Will lost it and did that sort of thing.

:werd: I know that you're a female mimi, don't you feel offended? It's messed up that rappers who disrespect women in their songs and call them hoes get the most street cred and rappers like Will and LL that try to show love to women get called soft. :mad8: And even 2Pac didn't sell that much albums until he went to jail, then his record sales went through the roof, society doesn't make sense! :confused3:

Edited by bigted

Will doesnt smoke! He hates smoking, he said its one of his pet peeves, hes got more sence than to kill himslef like that.

I do get a bit offended by what 50 and ppl say about women. It never used to bother me at all but it does a bit recently. I dunno if its me getting older or whatever but some things they say are getting out of line. and when they actually hit a women, thats just low!

(although Will does smoke cigars ocassionally)

hey Mimi, how did you find that out?

there was an article about a year ago, and this one cigar distributor (i forget the company name) was gettin real popular among celebrities. The article said Will and Samuel L. Jackson were among the customers, and Will's been seen smokin the cigars occasionally. I wish I had the link so I could show u guys the proof, but the article is pretty old. It was online btw

:werd: I know that you're a female mimi, don't you feel offended? It's messed up that rappers who disrespect women in their songs and call them hoes get the most street cred and rappers like Will and LL that try to show love to women get called soft. :mad8: And even 2Pac didn't sell that much albums until he went to jail, then his record sales went through the roof, society doesn't make sense! :confused3:

actually, I'm the biggest 2Pac fan and his lyrics have been called degrading to women. Pac actually got the most flak from a lot of women's groups for his songs. However, I know the complex Pac had with women. He said himself, he can respect the real women, but some women out there are willing to degrade themselves. And as a girl, I know very well, the girls who stoop low and act like idiots, just as men act like idiots. It's not to say they're deserving of being called "bitches" or "hos", however u guys also gotta understand, that from a grils perspective, in real life, there really are "women" and then there are the "hoes"

Well actually you never really saw Will take a puff out of the cigar in Independence Day. You have one shot where Will is holding the cigar in his mouth and it ain't even lit. :

Will did puff the cigar. He had the cigar for more than just one shot where it wasn't lit. THe part where he's in the alien spacecraft near the end with Jeff Goldblum, and walking with him at the very end, he has the cigar and it's lit. In the spacecraft he had it in his mouth for a while.

Listen guys, i'm not saying Will's a heavy smoker, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did occasionally smoke a cigar or two.

Edited by *mimi*