JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 cent Avoids Jail Time

50 Cent Avoids Jail Time in Plea Deal

May 13, 12:31 PM EST

Listen to & download 50 Cent's music

The Associated Press

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. -- The rapper 50 Cent will likely avoid jail time for allegedly trampling two women and punching a third during a concert last year, under a deal reached Friday with prosecutors.

If the entertainer, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, stays drug free for two years and follows other orders laid out by a judge, the charges will be dropped.

Jackson, who lives in Farmington, Conn., entered a plea Friday in Springfield District Court to facts sufficient for a guilty finding. He had been charged with three counts of assault and battery.

The incident occurred during a surpise concert at Springfield's Hippodrome club last May, in which Jackson allegedly jumped into a crowd after someone threw or squirted water at him. Three women were injured.

After an investigation and a hearing last fall, a clerk magistrate decided there was probable cause for the charges.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm i don't know about the drug free part. He's been drug free since he was a amateur boxer loong time ago.

Where you hear that at? Please post the source, I find that hard to believe!

hmm i don't know about the drug free part.  He's been drug free since he was a amateur boxer loong time ago.

Where you hear that at? Please post the source, I find that hard to believe!

remember in that "Will Hangs out with 50" thread she also said the same thing and i said that was hard 2 believe based on his lyrical content! i dunno man i'm with u on this one.

nice pic Lerkot :dancingcool:

^^^ it wasn't "lyrical content" from songs- he said it in many interviews including one for TIME magazine, and a interview he did out here on radio for Power 106. He doesn't drink-maybe a little champagne, otherwise he gets dizzy, and doen't smoke. Maybe he does it for show on video, but not in real life. Now what man would admit to gettin dizzy off one little sip? If he was the drinker u think he is, he would have said it, knwoing that mouth of his.

^^^ it wasn't "lyrical content" from songs- he said it in many interviews including one for TIME magazine, and a interview he did out here on radio for Power 106. He doesn't drink-maybe a little champagne, otherwise he gets dizzy, and doen't smoke. Maybe he does it for show on video, but not in real life. Now what man would admit to gettin dizzy off one little sip? If he was the drinker u think he is, he would have said it, knwoing that mouth of his.

ok well if he's rappin about "gettin' high all the time" and "in the club with a bottle full of bub" when he doesn't do that stuff then he's fake.

Why didn't Dr. Dre dump him from Aftermath then? I thought that you have to get high to do a song with Dr. Dre, that was the reason why Rakim's album never came out in the 1st place, so obviously 50 Cent is just frontin', of course he gets high, stop defending him so much! :poke: