JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

should will use the internet for his new album

the only objection i have 4 it being released over the internet is its availability to his hard core fans. Some peeps cant afford the interent but are still looking forward to gettin it, i mean i only got online properly a year ago, i know some peeps here arnt old enough to get a credit card.

But apart from that i think its a good idea. but like AJ said to be bought as a CD not downloaded, it doesnt count as sales if its downloaded and i want a proper CD not a home made 1.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Will should release it for sale from the internet, but also so it can be downloaded from a legitimate site such as Napstar or in the UK mycokemusic.com where you pay. By doing this he can maybe reach more people as some people prefer to download their music, and it becomes cheaper than buying the CD from a shop.

[quote=Prince,May 23 2004, 04:04 PM]Downloading is inevitable.  It only takes one person to have to buy it, but to be able to distribute it among hundreds.[/quote]
:werd: I like the idea of selling it on the internet first, but only if there are extra goodies and bonus material on the album or that come along that are only available with the sale online.

I'd prefer it if it went straight to shops!! But it needs the right promotion! i think thats what Will has been lacking in recent years!! Hopefully the new label and album will get the right promotion and will put Will back on the map!

[quote=Da Brakes,May 26 2004, 06:44 AM]I'd prefer it if it went straight to shops!! But it needs the right promotion! i think thats what Will has been lacking in recent years!! Hopefully the new label and album will get the right promotion and will put Will back on the map![/quote]
same here....there are still millions and millions of people downloading illegaly without paying a penny. Kazaa, WinMX, Soulseek....etc...all still going strong. Will needs a good label that provides freedom of the artist with good promotion - promotion of the right songs as well.

I don't care what he dose, i just want some music soon. I wouldn't want it downloadable. If he releases it on the internet, make it purchased on the internet and have the CD get mailed 2 the fans. They can also make it so that it can't be copied/read by computers. I have a few CDs like that (which dosen't matter cuz i use my external CD burner, which has nothing 2 do with computers more). I'm sure that would slow down it getting leaked on the internet. The sales would also be more private so that alot fewer people would even be thinkin' about putting on the internet.

That dose suck 4 those who use their computers 2 only listen 2 music. I think it's a great idea. The internet has ruined the music industry more than it has helped it. Think about it...as the internet got more popular and as more music waz put online, the greedier and more money-driven the industry has got. There are just way 2 many people who are ripping off artists and record labels so i totally have no problem with the computer-proof CDs.

[quote=Hero1,May 26 2004, 09:37 PM]i think most people would prefer having an actual cd in hand with liner notes etc than sum mp3s[/quote]
Exactly. That even goes for me and singles too. I could download the remixes to like Boom! Shake the Room and have all the remixes yet I would still wanna buy the CD single.

We expect the album 2 hit stores...but Will talked about releasing it on the internet 1st...then 2 stores. Will is definitly about being available 2 the fans. He wouldn't put out and album that only a certain amount of his fans could access (unless he dosen't wanna be a mainstream artist). We want the album NOW...so he needs 2 make it available 2 us now. The album can hit stores later. Besides, usually when artists do something like that, the internet buyers usually get some kinda bonus from getting it in advance straight from the artist.