JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

best DJ ever?

Is Jazzy the best DJ ever, overall, judging his entire DJ career?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Is Jazzy the best DJ ever, overall, judging his entire DJ career?

• Yes
    • No

I guess i'd say he's the best. My favorites are DJ Jazzy Jeff, Jam Master Jay, and DJ Premier. I think most of the DJ's on "Break It Down" are amazing, but i just don't follow them.

Toss up between three DJ legends: Jazzy, Grandmaster Flash, and Jam Master Jay. I don't know it's a tough decision.

:ditto: :angel:

Jeff in the 80's was the best around cos he was so versatile. Now you got crazy cats who can scratch anything and make it sound amazung.

I think Jeff however has the most stuff up his sleeves when it comes to live shows tho, no one can touch him as far as doing something unpredicatable

• Members

I guess I'm in the minority. I voted no. I think Grandmaster Flash is the tops. I remember seeing a show where he was scratching with his feet. I gave him extra points for the way he changed the game. Anybody remember "The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash on the Wheels of Steel"? Don't get me wrong, Jeff is definately towards the top.

Flash, Afrika B., Grandwizard Theodore, Prince Paul, JMJ, Jeff. (no particular order)

Edited by EBrew

Toss up between three DJ legends: Jazzy, Grandmaster Flash, and Jam Master Jay. I don't know it's a tough decision.

:werd: I say it's a three-way tie! :ridepony:

JMJ brought new life to DJing on record, but could never really match what Jeff could do.

MixMasterMike (BB DJ) is an incredible turntablist, but has a very different satyle to Jeff, so its hard to compare