JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Should Will quit music?

Should Will quit music after 'Lost and Found'?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should Will quit music after 'Lost and Found'?

• Yes
    • No

• Members

I'm not pleased with the sales of this album. Finally artistes make music for the public and not necessarily themselves. over 200, 000 copies in 3 weeks is very poor.

It's like nobody's feeling Will anymore except a few hip hop heads. I mean, this is someone whose first solo LP sold over 12 million copies worldwide! What's goin' on? It's like the public have lost their interest in Will's music and focus on his movie career.

I'm very sure Will's not happy with the sales so far neither am I. HE's having a very successful career as an actor and i think he should put all his energy into that. He has great love for music, he can start a label and partner up with jeff to source for great talent and inspire them. He'll still derive his joy from that.

I know I'll be heavily attacked by board members for suggesting this but it's reality.

Let me be the first to answer with a resounding... HELL NO!

Even though sales aren't important, and I certainly don't think he's making music for sales... he's doing relatively well this time around. He's sold upwards of 200k so far... this album will hit platinum. Remember, Will has been in the game for 20 years... he's not new anymore... People tend to jump on the bandwagons of new cats like 50 and Ciara... Also, people consider Will an actor who's trying to rap, even though we all know the real deal. A lot of young kids are coming up and they aren't familiar with The Fresh Prince, so some of Will's sales have definitely fallen off... But that doesn't mean that he should quit his first love... He wouldn't be true to himself. He has said himself that he will keep making music as long as he has something to say through his music. Real Talk!

Edited by MaxFly

• Admin

I dont think you know much about the record industry.. your own example "big willie style sold 12 million" sold less in the first 3 weeks than lost and found.. and will aint never gonna stop rapping so y'all are gonna have 2 deal with that :dancingcool: