JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

will feat 2 pac and biggie

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i think about this topic...i think about Will working with Lil' Kim on "Da Butta"...it's one of his weakest songs but i guess it worked better than i expected when i heard he did a track with her. The thing is with 2Pac and Biggie, they would be recycling those raps which means chemistry isn't an option cuz they can't work 2gether.

I can see Will writing 2 a 2pac song cuz he waz so multi-faced and i could see a song working out with the 2 of them. I just can't see it with Biggie. I guess doing a song with a verse like "Mo Money Mo Problems" would work, but that's only cuz Biggie's verse isnt' really about anything. I love the song, but the lyrics in that song mean nothing.

Yeah, there's a whole bunch of trax where this almost no cussing...like So Many Tears, Trapped, Changes, etc. 2Pac is the most misunderstood emcee ever. Most of the fans that jumped on during that 1996 era when he waz still alive for All Eyez On Me only think he's this hardcore thrug lord....which isn't right. And most of the people who jumped on him after his murder don't really know anything about him cuz all they've heard from the "newer" stuff is raps with added on guest artists and trashy updated production (believe me, the original production of those songs waz better even if some of it would sound a lil' dated). So many people think they know what that man waz about but they simply don't.

Will is the same way, so many people see the Big Willie Style-Jiggy-Miami-Hollywood Will, but we all know that's only the untouched surface of him as an artist and that the real stuff is underneathe all that.

I waz never a fan of Biggie's, but 2 me he seemed 2 be one person in his records and another in real life...which wazn't real 2 me so i didn't listen 2 him. I'm sure he would have opened up over the years but we never got 2 see that.

I wonder if 2pac ever mentioned Will and spoke highly bout him or Jeff....

But why though did 2pac showed a thug side in which it wasn't being himself. Like why is All Eyez on Me all full of cursing and stuff? Is it because of the stuff with Biggie and Puffy or just cuz he was releasing anger.

And is it true about all those crimes he was "guilty" of? Like what was the whole deal back then? (sorry for the questions, im learning here lol)

devilsjim, there's alot of cursing on all eyez on me but there's also songs like "Life Goes On", "Only God Can Judge Me", "I Ain't Mad At Cha" and more. in his songs the cursing is not the point, he's trying to deliver a message about life by using cuss and stuff.
i'm not talking about songs like "hit'em up" because in this song he's only cursing people he hates without other point, but i can't blame him... i'll be a little mad too if i'll get shot 5-6 times. :slap:

All Eyez On Me is a dope album, but at the same time, the whole Deathrow vibe clashed with 2Pac's kind of music. While there are definilty songs with substance on that album, the ratio of them 2 songs that are just songs with no real point waz kinda out weighed. I think it waz cool 4 the time, but that's why 2Pac wanted 2 get off Deathrow, cuz he didn't wanna turn his career in2 an overly explict, thugged-out, coast-beefing career. He had bigger things in mind.

[quote=Daedalus Mortality,May 19 2004, 07:10 AM]When did cursing become something bad? :dunno:
Doesnt everyone do it? I sure do.. so does my mother and my grandmother[/quote]
yo, im not saying it's cursing something so bad but I usually like to listen to music that doesn't contain cursing and is generally clean. hence that is one of the many reasons I listen to old-skool rap and hip-hop. Yeah, i curse sometimes but it doesn't mean I wanna hear it in the music I'm listening to. Of course not everyone is like JJFP, but hey old-skool didn't nearly have as many cursing as today does and what not.

I personally don't like cussin.' When i get an album that contains explict lyrics, i get the edited version. I just don't wanna hear all that. It usually just puts me in a bad mood and i've worked 2 hard 4 myself 2 clean up my own language so i don't need music takin' me "there." Back in the 90's when it becamea standard 2 have an explict lyrics sticker, alot of groups would cuss just enuff 2 get a sticker...that's wack 2 me. If u are gonna cuss, cuss from the heart, not just 4 sticker 2 be marketed as some fake gangsta. 2 me, exessive cussing just makes u look ignorant (artists and people in general). People can do what they wanna, but that dosen't mean it should be forced on EVERYBODY.

Most of my favorite artists keep it clean or at least respectable. That dosen't mean i can ocassionally enjoy a song like Eminem's "Kim"...ha ha...love that song.

[quote=TheFre$hPrince,May 20 2004, 07:53 AM]I don´t care if stuff is explicit or not, I just love music.[/quote]
:werd: I just wanna hear hot music as well, it doesn't matter if you curse or not, if you got skills you got skills, I don't like how people think Will's soft just 'cause he doesn't curse on record! He's hip-hop just like 2Pac and Biggie are and I would have to have heard a song with the 3 of them if 2Pac and Biggie were alive 'cause their individual personalities would have made one creative song! Peace! :peace:

i dunno about swearin, but i hate songs that have womens orgasm noises on them lol. i had LL cool Js doin it on my computer, just at the criticle part my mum walks in, and she is like "what r u listening 2"?? It was pretty funny but i have quite a few Cds with them on.

the other problem with cussin is when they r played on the radio and half a line in missed out coz of the cussin, i mean wot is the point of that eamon song, its funny and everything but its hard to listen to the melody.

[quote=DevilsJim89,May 17 2004, 04:20 PM]I would like to see a 2pac and JJFP combo. I wonder why this never happened. I have a few questions for AJ.

AJ,

1. Did 2pac and Will ever speak highly of each other and like did they ever hang out or whatever in life?

2. What are some 2pac songs without him cussing? I know Changes doesnt have any but what are more good ones?[/quote]
there's this song Aj 4got to write.

to my unborn child by 2pac.that is 1 great song with no cussing.

I also just love music.