JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

anyone can rap???

• Members
hey guys,the rap thing....is something that someone else could do???U have to be black man/woman to feel the roots and do this?what is necesary to rap?is about colour,or training,feeling.i am not sure!!!!!!i heard that FP at age of 12 have much facilitie to rhyme and rap...

It doesn't matter what color or race u are, it only matters that you have skills. Look at that Chinese guy that won the BET freestyle competition on 106&Park as an example, people rap in all nations now 'cause hip-hop is worldwide phenominon, but I wonder if hip-hop overseas is better than the garbage over in the U.S.! :dj:

Hip-Hop is the only culture that musically has no rules...which is why i love it. U can be any color, age, sex, or from any location. Of course Hip-Hop waz born in the US, so the culture started out here...leading 2 the music. But the culture has spread worldwide and branched off in all kinds of different ways.

2 me, the things that make a true emcee is someone who can write good lyrics, develop their own flow, be themselves in their music (and in front of the cameras), and simply know how 2 perform.

• Members
Dear Uncle Phil,

The simple awnser to your'e question is No! deffinently not. Only males of the Negro race can rap. They seem to be born whit a natural talent to create sentancs that rhyme, and besides that the abbility to recite them rhytmicly to a beat. Tough Scientists can not explain why only Poor negro males can rap, wich seems to be the case. For some reason these talents only get unlocked when the individual has been exposed to alot of poverty and crime in the earlier stages of life, thus keeping it real.

Youre Kind regards,

Daedalus Mortality

[quote=Daedalus Mortality,May 17 2004, 11:16 AM]Dear Uncle Phil,

The simple awnser to your'e question is No! deffinently not. Only males of the Negro race can rap. They seem to be born whit a natural talent to create sentancs that rhyme, and besides that the abbility to recite them rhytmicly to a beat. Tough Scientists can not explain why only Poor negro males can rap, wich seems to be the case. For some reason these talents only get unlocked when the individual has been exposed to alot of poverty and crime in the earlier stages of life, thus keeping it real.

Youre Kind regards,

Daedalus Mortality[/quote]
man, what's up with this message?

im white but im more a writer, which some of u have read, not that good are they, im still improving, but being kicked out the latest battle battered my ego, got back on and startin writing more songs

go 2 be a rapper, im white and a teenager from the uk and thats why ambition, whaaheyy lol

J-o-e