JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

week 3 final sales!

*mimi*

• Members

Some of the older CDs like Gwen Stefani and Green Day are sellin more :nono:.

Well, if Gwen brings out such racy videos like Holla Back Girl in those tight red swimsuits, obviously the sales would go up. DAMN! :eek4:

Like I said before JJFP have to keep on performing 'cause they're the best performers and their energy'll get people to buy the album faster, performing more tracks off the album too besides "Switch" would also help and yes this album's doing better than LL's "The Definition" at this time, surprisingly 'cause LL went on a promo tour before the album dropped and actually was touring for a while after the album dropped but when he got sick and cancelled the tour, the sales slipped unfortunately, which shows that FP has a bigger fanbase when he doesn't have to promote the album as much as LL had to, without a tour this'd go platinum on its own, but if a tour happened, the album'd go multiplatinum for sure.

Edited by bigted

I believe that he should continue doing what he's doing with the appearances... tonight show, bet, mtv, mtv UK, nokia music festival, today show... I doubt that he can put enough time into a real tour as he would like. If he could, that could be good. But this I'm sure of, he needs to drop Tell Me Why. If you want to pique people's interest in your album, you need to have people talking about you and your album. Releasing Tell Me Why would definitely get that done.

As i said... sales over 40k in the near couple of weeks is okay. But he had bad luck that he dropped so much in the chart though. O hoped he would do over 50 k this week 2.

If he drops under 40k next week i see no future in it going platnium

Edited by Frenetic

Im not worried, switch was the same, it just needs to catch on. Switch didnt seem hopeful at first but it just keeps rising, i know this album will do the same, Wills just gotta get his credibility back after sony ruined it. As soon as people realise hes not just some hollywood actor they will buy the album, then when tell me why is released its gonna fly to the top!

As i said... sales over 40k in the near couple of weeks is okay. But he had bad luck that he dropped so much in the chart though. O hoped he would do over 50 k this week 2.

If he drops under 40k next week i see no future in it going platnium

well he sold around 46,000 copies this week, I think he'll drop a bit and sell around 35K or more next week. New CDs are gonna drop. However u can't write off new CDs so soon. For example, Ciara's CD "Goodies", came out last summer, barely made a noise at first, but now she's back in the top 20 because of her singles. If anything, word of mouth for "Lost and Found" is real strong, and people who didn't buy Will's previous albums are even buyin this one. So he has his fan base as well as unexpected buyers.

Plus Will is gonna perform May 21 (i think) in Los Angeles at a concert for radio station KIIS fm. Some other ppl are gonna be there like Jennifer Lopez, Gwen Stefani, and Ludacris, so their fans will be out there too. It's a huge stadium, so Willl could attract more ppl to go get his album. Who knows, he might perform with Luda a bit for Party Starter. This concert is a pretty big deal. It sold out only in like, 2 days