JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

'Medal of Honor Rag'

fan 4ever

Heavy D. Starring In, Will Smith Executive Producing 'Medal of Honor Rag'

By Nolan Strong

Date: 4/18/2005 6:20 pm

Veteran rapper and actor Heavy D. has been tapped to star in Tom Cole’s 1976 play “Medal of Honor Rag,” which is being executive produced by Will Smith.

“Medal of Honor Rag” is being directed by veteran actor Delroy Lindo and centers on a clinically depressed Vietnam veteran named Dale Jackson and his relationship with a New York psychiatrist.

“It’s the most challenging work I've done to date," Heavy D. revealed to AllHipHop.com. "So many brothers who came home back [from the war] had to deal with so much depression and the fact that there was nothing waiting for them at home. I'm honored to be directed by Delroy Lindo. Will Smith, who has been a friend of mine for since we both started, has been very supportive and encouraging.”

Rehearsal for the play starts next week and the show runs from June 1st-July 11th in Los Angeles, California.

On the rap side, Hev recently produced Beanie Sigel’s hit single “Feel It In the Air,” and has wrapped production on his new untitled album, which is slated for a summer release.

The majority of the new album was produced by Hev and also features contributions from Mike City, Warren Campbell, Trackmasters and Tim and Bob, the duo behind Bobby Valentino's hit single “Slow Down.”

Source: Allhiphop.com

Yeah Overbrook is doing good. Will's album is doing well produce by Overbrook, Hitch is doing really good also I believe is produce by Overbrook. That's gonna be a cool movie. Thanx 4 posted that. Nice find

My bad. A play not movie. It's still sounds cool tho. Delroy Lindo he's a great actor. One of the first movies I saw with Delroy is Blood In Blood Out he was very good in it. :angel: