4. Jay-Z - The Black Album

5. Talib Kweli - Quality

6. Kanye West - College Dropout

7. Common - BE

8. Will Smith - Lost And Found.

9. Mos Def - Black on botch sides

10. Dr Dre - The chronic

Songs:

well if this was jjfp i would say summertime at number one but it's only will's solo work i'd say:

1. Jay-z - D'evils

2. Will Smith - Tell me why

3. Talib Kweli - Get By

4. Common - Heat

5. Kanye West - Jesus Walks

6. Will Smith - Lost And found

7. Jay-z - Dirt off your shoulder

8. Nas - The World is yours.

9. Talib Kweli - Talk to you

10. Common & Kanye West - Go

man.... i like Kanye but to be in top ten of greatest rappers that is stupid and where the f''k is 2pac,notorious b.i.g,snoop and old school i meam really old school

like run dmc ,grandmaster flash ,public enemy,de la soul,naughty by nature ,house of pain and i hate that but eminem maybe is around the top man

man.... i like Kanye but to be in top ten of greatest rappers that is stupid and where the f''k is 2pac,notorious b.i.g,snoop and old school i meam really old school

like run dmc ,grandmaster flash ,public enemy,de la soul,naughty by nature ,house of pain and i hate that but eminem maybe is around the top ten

like run dmc ,grandmaster flash ,public enemy,de la soul,naughty by nature ,house of pain and i hate that but eminem maybe is around the top man

What about Will Smith...?

like run dmc ,grandmaster flash ,public enemy,de la soul,naughty by nature ,house of pain and i hate that but eminem maybe is around the top ten

Actuaally alot of old school is overrated, it was good at it's time, but compared to todays standards, it's wack.

Like grandmaster flash & the furious five.

U can't' compare theyr skills with any emcee right now.

And this was only albums and songs. I don't think neither Snoop, BIG or 2 pac has made songs or albums that could be compared with these. ofcourse they make really dope tracks, but that's like in the top 20 or 30.

Actuaally alot of old school is overrated, it was good at it's time, but compared to todays standards, it's wack.

And this was only albums and songs. I don't think neither Snoop, BIG or 2 pac has made songs or albums that could be compared with these. ofcourse they make really dope tracks, but that's like in the top 20 or 30.

Well I think you are wrong. Sure I have only heard JJFP and like 20 other oldschool rap songs and when I compare it to the new stuff its not even a fight. Today we get to hear some really untalented people on the radio like 50 Cent but to judge from what ive heard, there wasnt a lot of untalented people back in the days.

Sure, the beats are different today and generally better in my opinion, but the beat of for example Summertime and Ring My Bell is never going old. The stuff from 80's clearly sounds different, but I cant say it sounds worse. Much stuff today sounds the same way, but back then it seems like the beats were more different.

The rap itself is developed lyrically but I prefer the old way of flowing, like JJFP did back in the days with high tones on the voice and stuff like that. Its two different styles and whats the better one is not a matter of fact, its just up to each person to get an opinion on that "issue".

Well we shoulnd't even mention 50 cent... he's incerdibly untalented.

But like Common's flow. It's incredible how he really brings out every word of a song and still make it ride the beat. The Summertime beat is incredible, and as i said, if we are bringing in JJFP in these list the would be all over the place.. Summertime is the perfect song actually. perfection.

Yeah.. it makes me wanna chill someplace warm and chill. You could relate to it like maybe once every summer in sweden. but yeah... would be really cool to expirience that.

I would say that my top ten would be:

Albums:

1. Jay-z - Reasonable Doubt

2. Common - Like whater for chocolate

3. Nas - Illmatic

5. Talib Kweli - Quality

7. Common - BE

10. Dr Dre - The chronic

Songs:

well if this was jjfp i would say summertime at number one but it's only will's solo work i'd say:

1. Jay-z - D'evils

3. Talib Kweli - Get By

4. Common - Heat

Common's "BE" is that dope, better than "Lost and Found"? I didn't even know it came out yet, "Resurrection" which is his best album shouldn't even be in the top 10.

Doing a top 10 is hard but I think most of the great albums, if not all, came out in the golden age of hip-hop(late '80s/early '90s) 'cause they set the standard for hip-hop today, this is the "Dark Ages" of hip-hop, today's standards are wack(money, hoes, and cars, no subject matter) none of these albums you listed except "Illmatic" or "The Chronic", "Lost and Found" is probably the best album this decade on any level of hip-hop, should be in the top 10 considerably

My top 10 would be this:

Public Enemy "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back"

Run-Dmc "Raising Hell"

Eric B. and Rakim "Paid In Full"

LL Cool J "Mama Said Knock You Out"

Slick Rick "The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick"

BDP "Criminal Minded"

NWA "Straight Outta Compton"

2Pac "All Eyez On Me"

Nas "Illmatic"

Will Smith "Big Willie Style"(Since It Ain't JJFP)

Doing a top 10 song list is even harder but I'd say:

1-Grandmaster Flash and Furious Five "The Message"

2-BDP "Love's Gonna Get Ya"

3-Doug E. Fresh and Slick Rick "The Show"

4-Public Enemy "Don't Believe The Hype"

5-Nas "The World Is Yours"

6-LL Cool J "Jack The Ripper"

7-KRS-ONE "Step Into A World"(Rapture's Delight)

8-2Pac "Keep Ya Head Up"

9-Will Smith Feat. Mary J. Blidge "Tell Me Why"

10-Tribe Called Quest Feat. Leaders Of New School "Scenerio"

Damn it's hard to do these lists without mentioning "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" and "Code Red" albums and "Summertime" and "Brand New Funk" tracks, those were all time greats in my opinion.

Edited by bigted

I would say that my top ten would be:

Albums:

1. Jay-z - Reasonable Doubt

2. Common - Like whater for chocolate

3. Nas - Illmatic

5. Talib Kweli - Quality

7. Common - BE

10. Dr Dre - The chronic

Songs:

1. Jay-z - D'evils

3. Talib Kweli - Get By

4. Common - Heat

Common's "BE" is that dope, better than "Lost and Found"? I didn't even know it came out yet, "Resurrection" which is his best album shouldn't even be in the top 10.

Doing a top 10 is hard but I think most of the great albums, if not all, came out in the golden age of hip-hop(late '80s/early '90s) 'cause they set the standard for hip-hop today, this is the "Dark Ages" of hip-hop, today's standards are wack(money, hoes, and cars, no subject matter) none of these albums you listed except "Illmatic" or "The Chronic", "Lost and Found" is probably the best album this decade on any level of hip-hop, should be in the top 10 considerably

My top 10 would be this:

Public Enemy "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back"

Run-Dmc "Raising Hell"

Eric B. and Rakim "Paid In Full"

LL Cool J "Mama Said Knock You Out"

Slick Rick "The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick"

BDP "Criminal Minded"

NWA "Straight Outta Compton"

2Pac "All Eyez On Me"

Nas "Illmatic"

Will Smith "Big Willie Style"(Since It Ain't JJFP)

Doing a top 10 song list is even harder but I'd say:

1-Grandmaster Flash and Furious Five "The Message"

2-BDP "Love's Gonna Get Ya"

3-Doug E. Fresh and Slick Rick "The Show"

4-Public Enemy "Don't Believe The Hype"

5-Nas "The World Is Yours"

6-LL Cool J "Jack The Ripper"

7-KRS-ONE "Step Into A World"(Rapture's Delight)

8-2Pac "Keep Ya Head Up"

9-Will Smith Feat. Mary J. Blidge "Tell Me Why"

10-Tribe Called Quest Feat. Leaders Of New School "Scenerio"

Damn it's hard to do these lists without mentioning "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" and "Code Red" albums and "Summertime" and "Brand New Funk" tracks, those were all time greats in my opinion.

Trust me, when you hear BE, you gonna blow off!

We obvously got different taste in music. I mean, i like almost all of the albums you listed, but not in a top ten in my list. maybe like a top 20.

Well I think you are wrong. Sure I have only heard JJFP and like 20 other oldschool rap songs and when I compare it to the new stuff its not even a fight. Today we get to hear some really untalented people on the radio like 50 Cent but to judge from what ive heard, there wasnt a lot of untalented people back in the days.

Sure, the beats are different today and generally better in my opinion, but the beat of for example Summertime and Ring My Bell is never going old. The stuff from 80's clearly sounds different, but I cant say it sounds worse. Much stuff today sounds the same way, but back then it seems like the beats were more different.

The rap itself is developed lyrically but I prefer the old way of flowing, like JJFP did back in the days with high tones on the voice and stuff like that. Its two different styles and whats the better one is not a matter of fact, its just up to each person to get an opinion on that "issue".

I agree u but sometimes u like this, sometimes u like that! I mean I like everything what sounds good to me, I like old things and also I like new things, sometimes the older ones are betta and sometimes the newer ones so everybody's own opinion I think! :kool:

• Members

Doing a top 10 is hard but I think most of the great albums, if not all, came out in the golden age of hip-hop(late '80s/early '90s) 'cause they set the standard for hip-hop today, this is the "Dark Ages" of hip-hop, today's standards are wack(money, hoes, and cars, no subject matter)

So true. Rap, I believe, can never be the way as it was in the early 90's.

Anyways, here's my list of top 10 albums in random order:

1.2 Pac - R U Still Down (Remember Me)

2.Jazzy Jeff Fresh Prince - Homebase

3.Insane Clown Posse - The Great Milenko

4.Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle

5.IceCube - Lethal Injection

6.Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die

7.Kris Kross - Da Bomb

8.Vanilla Ice - To The Extreme

9.Dr. Dre - The Chronic

10.Hammer - The Funky HeadHunter

Top 10 Rap songs of all time in no particular order

1.2 Pac - Bury Me A G (always brings a tear to my eye, such a classic)

2.Jazzy Jeff Fresh Prince - Summertime

3.IceCube - You Know How We Do It

4.Snoop Doggy Dogg - Gin & Juice

5.Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby

6.Kris Kross - Jump

7.Hammer - Pumps & A Bump

8.Coolio - Ooh La La

9.Dr. Dre - Keep Their Heads Ringin'

10.Insane Clown Posse - How Many Times?