JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

wot song will he release next?

Well its looking like Tell Me Why will be released next.

Other peeps think it shudnt be released yet but i think its a good second single to release cos its very different to Switch

y do u think its gona b dat. i dnt think it shud b released cos its to deep. ppl hu rnt rly into will smith wnt appreciate it. its a waste of a song if they release it yet.

I'd have to disagree. I think its just what the single chart needs.

Will showing his deeper side is good for him to get out. I think it'll be a hit in the same way Where Is The Love was a hit for Black Eyed Peas.

There's time after that single for another party tune to be released.

There are strong rumours from Wills mouth that Tell Me Why will be released next

"Tell Me Why" is supposed 2 be the next single. I think it would do better as a single if it were released in the fall. If "Switch" starts droppin," i think an upbeat track would work best, then drop "Tell Me Why" in September. As least release a promo 2 radio, like "Party Starter" or "I Wish I Made That." The Reggae Remix of "Switch" should be getting radio play soon if radio stations support it.

Hey now I think releasing "Tell Me Why" around 9/11 will cause some controversey 'cause you shouldn't be trying to benefit off the trajedy, that'd put Will in the same category as Eminem and Jadakiss for releasing their songs around election time (even though they had a lot less meaning than this one), there's no certain time to release a song, there's plenty of uptempo tracks on the album to bump during this summer, FP's more than just a party rapper, come on y'all this is hip-hop, this ain't about having a safe hit, besides he wrote this song 2 years ago, why should have to wait any longer to express it to the public, this is the most powerful song since "Fight The Power" and "Stop The Violence", hip-hop needs something besides booty shaking songs to be hits, take a stand will 'cause Nas and Talib Kweli can't do it alone! Hip-hop cred is more powerful than sales anyday and the album's doing well on it's on right now anyway. :ali:

Edited by bigted

• Members

y do u think its gona b dat. i dnt think it shud b released cos its to deep. ppl hu rnt rly into will smith wnt appreciate it. its a waste of a song if they release it yet.

I'd have to disagree. I think its just what the single chart needs.

Will showing his deeper side is good for him to get out. I think it'll be a hit in the same way Where Is The Love was a hit for Black Eyed Peas.

There's time after that single for another party tune to be released.

There are strong rumours from Wills mouth that Tell Me Why will be released next

And if people started comparing it with Jada's 'Why', it could jeopardise Will's album sales. And many people would purposely do it. That's why he should release Pump Ya Brakes. Its guaranteed to make the entrance in the top 10.

This song's more powerful than Jadakiss "Why" though, hell it's more powerful than Nas' "One Mic" and I love that song, people that compare "Tell Me Why" to "Why" ain't hip-hop heads with much memory, "Why" is far from the most powerful song ever, "Tell Me Why" is much closer to the top, and FP says that this song means a lot to him, why shouldn't he release it, if sales fall they do, who gives a damn if the teeny boppers don't feel it, this is about keepin' the cred up remember(he should start rappin' over KRS boombap beats instead 50 crap beats, the streets would wanna hear that), Eminem sold 4 million for releasing "Mosh" but a lot of hip-hop heads are sayin' "Encore" was one of the worst hip-hop albums ever released, sales don't mean s--- to the average hip-hop head(well the few of them that are left anyway, some got so disgusted they don't listen to it anymore), FP has a lot of party tracks on his hit list already, it won't hurt him to release one or two conscious songs to the collection, just to show that he's more versatile than the haters think he is, that's why we were sayin' for FP to leave Columbia so he could have artistic freedom(we all wanted "The Rain" to be released so what's the difference?), if he doesn't release "Tell Me Why" he should've just stayed on Columbia to release party tracks.

Edited by bigted