JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NEW WILL SMITH ALBUM NEWS!!

i found this news on a showbiz news part of my interactive TV.

Will Smith took time out to meet 2 record labels while in London recently. The Men In Black star enjoyed a mega rap career woth sony records until last year they dropped him.

Will told me " i have a new album ready to go out, but I'm looking for the right home for it" Lets hope he finds 1 soon.

Its not much but its a bit of news so we know Will has at least spoken to other record companies, not sure y they were London ones tho?

I don't see why it's a surprise he spoke to london ones, he did some recording over here in his fresh prince days so he must enjoy it over here

as he spoke to record people over here that hopefully means when he releases the album he will visit the uk do some promotion some shows this time

Thanx!! At least we know that he seems ready 2 put it out. It's very cool that he is calling it "ready" and that he did all of the work b4 looking 4 a label (total control, baby!). Since he's going out of his way 2 find a label now, we know the wait won't be 2 incredibly long.

I think it's funny they talked about a "mega rap career" on Sony. BWS waz huge, Willennium did well, and B2R waz ignored...ha ha. I'm pretty sure Will has still sold more units w/ JJ+FP than he has as a solo artist. Of course the press wouldn't wanna talk about that.

I don't know why people keep suggesting ATOJ. Yes, he would have total freedom and control, but it's just not a smart move unless he wants 2 be that kinda artist. Will just isn't the kinda artist 2 be on an independent label that can't back him in a multi-million dollar way.

• Admin
ahhhhh!!!! i think thats a great idea.. he should sign with a UK label and get it released there 1st.. the uk has always had love for jjfp..and even BSC went to no. 3 there..so i hope he signs with one of the big UK labels over there..and they put the finished album out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

If Big Will gets another major label record deal, it won't be right if he doesn't bring Jazzy Jeff and his promotional team wit him(ATOJ) 'cause he has to stay true on how his rap career started that way JJFP will benefit and the real fans will be hearing more music from them then in recent years! Edited by bigted

I think it would be cool for Will 2 sign 2 a label overseas. I think the US music industry is just 2 commericalized, controling, and money-driven. It's hard 2 wanna be creative and artistic when u are so limited by your label...ESPECIALLY in Hip-Hop and Rap. I know the music industry is pretty shady everywhere...but it's probably the worst here in the US. I think signing 2 a label overseas is a good idea. However, if their focus isn't done mostly 4 the US, i think it won't make much sense.

• Admin
i think the UK would be a great place to launch the album..because we know it would be a success..and then he can take that momentum back to the US.. will is obviously taking who he signs with very seriously..im sure he could have taken any deal by now..but he obviously doesnt wanna get trapped..and then have a label that doesnt support or promote.. i think its great news that hes finished the album without any record label interference at all..so in that case it should be the best album of wills career...

the only problem with a UK label is that ive read about a few of them going broke, but i suppose with Will money isnt an object and like he did with Ali, he could bail them out.

Its true tho we still have much love 4 jjfp, it was only this morning some1 requested summerime on the radio.

Hopefully in the next few weeks we will hear the great news that Will has signed to one of them, i will definatly keep an eye out from the same source. :biggrin: