JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Shark-A-Flack

Hero1

• Admin
'SHARK' A-FLACK AT CANNES FEST

By LOU LUMENICK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angelina Jolie & Will Smith
Email Archives
Print Reprint

May 15, 2004 -- CANNES - Before Will Smith, Angelina Jolie and Jack Black rode off on an inflatable shark yesterday, they had a salty exchange on dry land.
"I'll ask the real question here," Smith said, turning to Jolie at a Q&A session for their animated film, "Shark Tale," a mob spoof set entirely among fish.

"Have you slept with any of your co-stars? Spit it out, lady."

A nonplussed Jeffrey Katzenberg, the DreamWorks CEO and session moderator, tried to change the subject. "Next question!" he yelled.

It was day three of the Cannes Film Festival, and the big event was a press conference for a film that's not showing here at all. In fact, it's not even finished.

But DreamWorks couldn't resist the chance to promote the October release before a captive audience of international media.

Fortunately for those gathered, Jolie couldn't resist having a little fun with Smith's question.

"I absolutely haven't done it with either of you guys," she said, laughing, about Smith and Black, who, like Jolie, provide the voices for the fish in the animated film.

Smith was alluding, of course, to tabloid speculation that Jolie had had an affair with Brad Pitt, with whom she stars in the forthcoming "Mr. and Mrs. Smith."

Pitt, who jetted out of the film festival Thursday for Japan with wife Jennifer Aniston after the world premiere of "Troy," has denied the rumors.

To the paparazzi's obvious disappointment, the shapely Jolie wore a lifejacket over a modest top and jeans, instead of stripping down to a bikini.

But before they rode off into the harbor, Smith couldn't help being naughty.

"When I first saw Angelina as a fish," he quipped "I started eating sushi." The audience roared as the actress blushed.

Jolie said she was surprised when she saw the fishy version of herself.

"When I first saw the footage, I said, 'I don't bat my eyes that way,' and they showed me footage they made during the recording sessions showing me doing exactly that. It's kind of embarrassing."

Jolie said she wanted to do the movie "because I watched 'Shrek' about 60 times with my son."

"I'm not as good at playing around with the script as these guys are," she said of her co-stars, "so it was confusing, but a lot of fun."

Both Smith and Black seemed to have fun toying with the press.

"I like that nakedness is more of a public thing here," Smith said, referring to the French resort's penchant for topless beaches.

Added the pudgy Black, "I heard the paparazzi here are really aggressive. I forgot about that and went out on the balcony of my hotel undressed.

"But they didn't take my picture. I guess my nude body doesn't fetch the same high price as some other celebrities' here."

Jolie will be gone by the time her ex-husband Billy Bob Thornton arrives for an out-of-competition showing of "Bad Santa" at the festival on Wednesday.

When an Australian journalist asked her which celebrity she'd like to spend time with in hot tub, Katzenberg brought the session to a close.

[quote=WildWildWillennium,May 17 2004, 11:06 AM][quote=TopDawg14,May 16 2004, 09:59 PM]I would go to see Shark Tale just for her[/quote]
Let's keep in mind she's ANIMATED in the movie... :rofl: ... :eek4: [/quote]
I should have worded that better. I would go see the movie because she's in it - not to look at her in her animated form.

You got me. :rofl: :kekeke:

P.S. She is fine, though.