JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"I Don't Claim To Reign?"

ovitz

I was thinking that when I heard that! But if think about it that statement is kinda true! He diesn't shout about how he is the best like some other rappers constantly do!!

I also thought the same but its good because it doesnt wanna make himself seem full of himself compared to others in his class (LL, Rakim, KRS, Slick, Dougie..etc). Hes got love for them all.

Did he forget that he named an album "Born To Reign?"

i agree with you. even tho he's not the type of person to brag about how good he is, he kinda did on Born To Reign so that statement is kinda dumb in my opinion cuz that's the type of thing that gives haters somethin 2 talk about

• Members

You are mistaking. in born to reign he explains that destiny starts with the choice, you want to become somebody give yourself the opportunity, nothing is predisposed. He's not reigning anymore he fights to reign.

My take: Will does plenty of talking in his less serious tracks about how great he is & stuff, but alot of that is just fun natured bragging type stuff. I think he's just saying here that he knows he's not some type of superhuman - he's "keepin it Keith B. Rizzeal", if you will.

Edited by scyhigh99

• Members

Did he forget that he named an album "Born To Reign?"

doesnt claim the reign HEY HERES SOME FP QUOTES

Well it's true that I'm the reigning kick of the throne-The magnificent JJ

The song I'm all that

If I was in the Navy I would own the sea

But I'm a poet so I own the whole rap industry-He's the DJ I'm the Rapper

Just some of um

Well FP is sorta more of a storytellin'/comedic mc, Rakim's more known for makin' battle rhymes than he is anything else, Chuck D makes more political rhymes than anything else, LL is known most for makin' songs for women, everybody back then when they came out had their styles and they each respected each for that and the longevity makes them the legends they are, if they talk about how great they are they could back it up, but these days a lot of rappers just comin' out talk about being the greatest mcs ever and can't back it up, that's the way I look at it.

Edited by bigted