JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Best Jeff Scratch

Guest Guest

if you listen to will2k really closely (or maybe it was freakin' it...i can't remmeber)...but jeff does scratches throughout the whole song...you gotta listen real close for that...i love that!!!

If we are talkin about old JJFP stuff, I would say "live at union square".. this routine is simple incredible even today.. this dance 2 da drummers beat transformin.. incredible..

On newer JJFP stuff Jazzy is keepin it much more simple.. technicaly (and I just love technique (?)!!) Pump me up is much more better than I wanna rock.. both are good but I think Jeff rips da beat on pump me up..

..if we talk about modern scratch style jeff is doin it's masterpiece on dis roots single called "the next movement".. not 2 4get this very experimental style on this song called "Jazzy Jeff theme" from a Masters at Work album (1997??)

If u are in2 Dj, things like "pump my brakes" are more or less boring.. just chirps all da time..

Jeff's album is straight on a very high level.. I would even say that he's da best on Break it down..

Peace

(My favorite, although I dont think Jeff did it, is from 'Block Party' at the part,

"Jeff got it {scratch} jam packed")

Thats not Jeff who scratches there. its DJ AM (Adam Goldstein).

I think that his best scratch is the transformer on Pump Me Up and The Magnificient. They are so incredible... and yes The Next Movement is really dope just like all the scratches on Break It Down from Jeffs solo record!

JJFP Rock The House

• 1 month later...
  • Members

WITHOUT QUESTION FOR ME IS THE "PUMP ME UP" CUT ON THE WILLIENIUM ALBUM. AFTER HEARING THAT, I WAS SAYING TO MYSELF-"HE'S BAACCCK"!!!!

JEFF KILLED IT ON THAT TRACK AND HE NEEDS TO DO MORE TRACKS LIKE THAST ON FUTURE PROJECTS TO LET THESE YOUNG DJ'S KNOW-TO QUOTE RAKIM-

"THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE"!!!!

:afro:

Edited by MIX PROFESSOR

• 2 weeks later...

This is just off the top of my head after reading the thread - and there are a ton to choose from - but two songs I really love Jeff's scratches on are "He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper" and "So Fresh." I just think all the placement is perfect and adds alot to the flow on those tracks. :jazzy:

I think his best scratching is what he dose when performing. That's where he really shows off. He takes it 2 the next level when there's hundreds or thousands of people in front of him.

I Want To Rock, is impressive as anything.  Actually I'm currently listening to it.

Also I have to agree watching that MTV Launch thing in Africa, Jazz was doing great and was highly impressive.  We need another callaboration - a full length JJFP album.

Word man, we need a new full length JJFP album.