JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New Ma$e "Welcome Back!!!!"

I'm all about 50 Cent doing good and havning heart...but if that's so, why dosen't he keep it real and put that in his music. There's nothing cool about worshiping sex, drugs, and alcohol. If u have something 2 say that will benifit society, then do it. Don't drag down the morale of the music just 2 make money.

Latifah might be caught with a bag, but she' not putting it in her music like "smoke this....i do and if u do it'll make u cool 2" fashion like most rappers do. Latiah has alot of good messages and alot of real messages in her music. That's what music is about. She got carjacked which scared her 2 death which lead 2 her carrying a gun. When Latiah got caught with that gun in her ride, it waz becuz alot of people in Hip-Hop were caught up in events where alot them started carrying. Just ask Naughty By Nature, Gang Starr, 2Pac, Nas, etc. Nas of course got dissed in the mid-90's cuz when he caught knocked, he blamed it on what happened 2 Queen Latifah. I don't agree with guns at all, but i know where they were coming from.

My point is, make your music real....and if u can make it worth listening 2, that's always a plus as well. I don't wanna hear about some rappers sex life or what pathetic addictions they have.

:werd: None of us are perfect, we shouldn't judge one person's character off of one misfortunate incident, Nas was a drug dealer that dropped out of high school but he cleaned up his life by writing rap songs and becoming a respected m.c., Queen Latifah was caught carrying a gun but she has a done many other positive things for women getting respect in hip-hop, and 2Pac went to jail but he's known as the greatest rapper of all time by many, so the positiveness kills the negativeness everytime! That song "Only God Can Judge Me" by 2Pac applies to all of us, so we shouldn't start pointin' fingers at those that are trying to make a difference, even if they come up short sometimes of what we consider who a true role model is, but a lot of rappers today don't worry about an image and that's terrible! :tear: 50 Cent should use his talent and popularity to make music that will bring more positive out instead of always talkin' arrogant without a care for anyone but "G-G-G-G-Unit!" that he's always promoting!

I just heard the track 2day on the radio. The production doesn't knock me off my feet, and the lyrics aren't anything special, and i've never liked his voice/flow...BUT U KNOW WHAT...the current rap scene has made me actually like this song a good bit. Anybody who has known me since the late 90's will know that i always ripped down the Bad Boy camp 2 no mercy back then. However, with so many God-awful rappers out here, it makes that mid-late 90's Bad Boys stuff look legendary.

I like this track cuz it's fun and breezy....no cussing and materialistic stuff. I'm just happy that a track like this is out and hopefully it'll spring board a few more rappers like this (or better) 2 come out and do their thing. I used 2 call Mase the wackest rapper ever after Vanilla Ice, but as of right now, i got his back. Of course hearing more of his music could turn me away from that...but hopefully it won't and he'll serve as somebody who's here 2 clean up the rap game that he helped trash up years ago.

Yeah, 2 me, it's a breath of fresh air. Mase is far from the best rapper...but in these days, it dosn't take much 2 look better than the rapper next 2 u. Just 2 hear a happy beat, clean lyrics, and song that dosen't sound like a 10 year old ghostwrote it makes me feel good. I'll never call this one of the dopest songs of year, but there's alot of crap out right now and i think i'll be supporting Mase this time around rather than dissing him 2 no end.