JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I really need help...

The wires are all right. I tried putting the cord that connects the mic and the bus into channel 2 instead of channel 1. That made it so the mic on the right puts out the sound but the mic on the left doesn't. This is all very discouraging. I was ready to be done with this song weeks ago.

God Blessa!

Channells...

I recommend you use something like CoolEdit,(It's called Adobe Audition Now)....

What you could do, if your program allows, is to copy the audio in the right,, to the left channel.

By The Way, what programs did you try?

It most definately sounds like a hardware fault. But I'm not sure where!

The thing is it seems like it's a hardware fault and at the same time it doesn't. The microphone definitely picks up both speakers (this was proven when I switched the cable to channel 2). And it doesn't seem like the fault of the bus because it gets both channels. I'm gonna have to go to the music store soon and get this straightened out.

God Blessa!

If your using several different programmes and its still happening I'd say its a simple problem and your using a Mono Microphone.

Mono only comes out the left speaker, or both so its probably that

If your using several different programmes and its still happening I'd say its a simple problem and your using a Mono Microphone.

Mono only comes out the left speaker, or both so its probably that

I don't believe it's that. When I first turn on the microphone's power, I see the levels for both speakers shoot up for a short time.

When I try to record, if I speak really loud, the right speaker gets a LITTLE bit (and it's the other way around when I switch channels) so I know that this thing is capable, it's just not doing what I want it to.

maybe you need a Y adapter that takes 1 channel and makes it 2 channels

I was thinking of something similar. I was wondering if there was a cord that connects the mic and the bus but has the "Y" split, so it will fit into both channels. That would be my best bet on getting this to work. Anyone heard of such a thing?

God Blessa!

yeah there's a such thing. it works 4 any kind of audio whether it be a microphone, speakers, etc. i have 1 that plugs in2 my headphone jack in a CD player and splits it 2 ways so 2 people can listen 2 the same CD. what u need is the opposite. u need 1 input, 2 outputs. i tried looking at radioshack.com and they didnt have a picture of such a thing, but i'm pretty sure they carry it in their stores. try goin 2 a place like that

yeah there's a such thing. it works 4 any kind of audio whether it be a microphone, speakers, etc. i have 1 that plugs in2 my headphone jack in a CD player and splits it 2 ways so 2 people can listen 2 the same CD. what u need is the opposite. u need 1 input, 2 outputs. i tried looking at radioshack.com and they didnt have a picture of such a thing, but i'm pretty sure they carry it in their stores. try goin 2 a place like that

Well, this isn't the same thing. This cord and its input ends are much bigger than what a headphone would use. This is condenser mic and bus. The mic, the cord, and the bus use a three-prong kind of deal. I should probably go to the music store.

God Blessa!