JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Big Will On Kanye West

Celebrity Favs

Will Smith, hip-hop trailblazer and Hollywood kingpin, has nothing but good things to say about Kanye West. He even says Kanyeezee inspired him. "I just think Kanye is the truth," Will said. "I spent some time with him, and he'll make whatever he wants. I just love that he doesn't put parameters or boundaries on his creativity. That really sparked me."

http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/...?headlines=true

Yeah, Kanye works with whoever he wants, which is cool 2 me. He's work with Ludacris on the commercial rap side, Common Sense on the true-skool Hip-Hop side, John Legend on the R-N-B soul tip, Kiesha Cole on new-comer side, and Britney Spears on the pop/trip-hop tip. I like people that break rules cuz music is so over-labled these days.

I think Kanye is a solid producer even though his beats don't blow me away as much as some people might say it does, but it's a step above most mediocre production out on a lot of hip-hop tracks, I think the state of hip-hop is weak though if he wins a Grammy for his rap skills when he never stepped on the mic before 2.5 years ago, that's a disgrace to a lot of great mcs like KRS, 2Pac, Rakim, Slick Rick, Chuck D, and Nas who never won a Grammy before and still putting out solid releases(except Pac since he's dead, I think it'd been a lil' better if Kanye produced the last unreleased album instead of Em), I think LL deserved the Grammy more last year even though it wasn't his best work, it was still a strong LP, and he's only been an mc for 20 years now, come on, give respect where respect's due, that's not knocking Kanye at all but should stick to producing where he's at his best and I wouldn't mind if he produced FP, thanks for posting that. :kool:

I think Kanye is a solid producer even though his beats don't blow me away as much as some people might say it does, but it's a step above most mediocre production out on a lot of hip-hop tracks, I think the state of hip-hop is weak though if he wins a Grammy for his rap skills when he never stepped on the mic before 2.5 years ago, that's a disgrace to a lot of great mcs like KRS, 2Pac, Rakim, Slick Rick, Chuck D, and Nas who never won a Grammy before and still putting out solid releases(except Pac since he's dead, I think it'd been a lil' better if Kanye produced the last unreleased album instead of Em), I think LL deserved the Grammy more last year even though it wasn't his best work, it was still a strong LP, and he's only been an mc for 20 years now, come on, give respect where respect's due, that's not knocking Kanye at all but should stick to producing where he's at his best and I wouldn't mind if he produced FP, thanks for posting that. :kool:

I would say that even if kanye only rapped about 5 years (not 2.5 as you said) he's still better then LL. LL was good back in the day but the guy has fallen off badly.

COllege dropout is straight up knowledge and the truth. God, listen to the lyrics... that ill.

I would say that even if kanye only rapped about 5 years (not 2.5 as you said) he's still better then LL. LL was good back in the day but the guy has fallen off badly.

COllege dropout is straight up knowledge and the truth. God, listen to the lyrics... that ill.

Edited by bigted

When it comes 2 people like FP and LL, critics like 2 rip them 2 shreds. They hold their current stuff the their stuff in the past. Since they've been around 4 so long, they expect a certain style or sound...when critics don't get it, they rip them apart. LL Cool J ain't never slipped...he just grew up. Listen 2 The DEFinition...at leat "1 In The Morning"...alot of people say that reminds them of old skool LL.

Kanye West his highly overrated. He's good, but the fact that everyone else on the charts sucks so badly, it makes him look even better.

• Admin

kanye's flow is awful..his beats are okay cause he samples sum good tracks..and his use of speeding up vocals is extremely annoying..he also has a very high opinion of himself..but atleast he is spittin sumthin that means sumthin on his tracks.. extremely overrated but if y'all enjoy em good..but please dont ever say hes better than LL Cool J :puke:

LL ain't gonna re-make "Mama Said Knock You Out" over and over again 'cause he evolves, some ol' school heads might diss KRS 'cause he made a gospel rap album instead of continuing making hardcore rap even though he made some tracks on that album with his usual aggressive edge, people diss "Born To Reign" too 'cause FP didn't have the lyricism like "Code Red" and "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper", as an artist you have to evolve and try different things, look at Jay-Z and Eminem they stay too safe and try remaking "Reasonable Doubt" and "Marshall Mathers LP" over and over again, I mean how many songs do we have to hear about Jay-Z talkin' about hustlin' in the projects like it's 1988 when he really lives in a mansion now and Eminem talk about his wife Kim when they divorced a few years ago, now that's what I called played out. :nono: Anyway my beef ain't with Kanye 'cause I like that he's positive but to compare him with LL gets me mad 'cause I look up to FP, KRS, and LL more than any other mcs since I've been listening to hip-hop, I'm trying to keep their legacy alive, even when I make an album, it ain't trying to be better than they are and always been since they started, let's just enjoy the music! :peace: