JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

why???????

I don't know...i think it could be a bit self-indulgent or cheezy 2 put yourself out there like that. I think the style of Hip-Hop that he featured on it waz kinda tight...very much the same kinda stuff. If JJ+FP waz on there, he would have had 2 put more different kinds of Hip-Hop from different extreems of Hip-Hop on it. Sure, Wu-Tang and Tribe Called Quest are very different Hip-Hop groups, but the sounds he chose by them (or their respected members) kinda fall in2 the same area.

On his "The Vibe I'm On" mixtape, he puts the SoulPower Remix '98 of "Summertime"'s instrumental undera DMX track.

Yo, i think Will would make any kind of music as long as he wants too.
don't you think so?

S, i think if Jeff wanted him on the album, he could have made it happen.

I don't know why Will ain't.

Is it because Jeff wasn't on B2R?

Guest Prince
[quote=Wild Child,May 6 2004, 05:00 PM]S, i think if Jeff wanted him on the album, he could have made it happen.

I don't know why Will ain't.

Is it because Jeff wasn't on B2R?[/quote]
Haha, no way would Jeff have done that out of spite! :dancingcool:

Please tell me u are kidding. There isn't any "gangsta" rap on the album at all...so that's definitly not why he didn't include any stuff from Will.

Jeff would never wanna do a gangsta rap track and even if he did...Will wouldn't do it.

Guest Guest_Wild Child
You mean Will, will never do it no even 4 the fun of it?

I know Will ain't about gangeter rap, but he can do that without swears and he doesn't have to talk about killing somebody.

My definition of Gangsta Rap is anybody who copied N.W.A., Ice-T (and related artists at that time in the late 80's). They made hardcore Hip-Hop....it waz a different branch of Hip-Hop...but all the wannabes who monopolized and copied it are gangsta rap. Phoney guys who lie in their music, try 2 be hard, and have not one drop of creativity in their music....that's gangsta rap. That's why JJ+FP stands against it so much...who would wanna be a part of that.

"Afro Angel" is a perfect example of Will being as real as it comes, but it wazn't "gangsta wack" at all. It's just honest and depicts life in all honesty...almost sounds like something straight outta 2pac's rhyme book.