JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

A new film with Will Smith

DannYDJ

• Members

Hey

I were just looking at Will Smiths profile on www.Imdb.com, and there I saw the movie: Tonight, He comes.

But does anyone know anything about that movie.

Like when the movie is planned to get in the cinemas or what the movie is about?

Hope you will take a look on it.

See ya

DannYDJ---Webmaster on www.willsmith.dk

I know about that film. It's about a superhero that is not your kind superhero. Will Smith will play a superhero that drinks, smokes, and has one nite stands with women. Basicly he hates being a superhero and he's just tired of it. But then he meets a women that shows him purpose of being a superhero. He falls in love with her but theres a problem she is married. It's a drama not a kid friendly movie(like spiderman). Thats why it took a while to find a director and producers cause it's not kid friendly it's dark. A lot of A-list movies applied for the film but Will got it. It probably be out later this year or next year, I'm not sure about that.

Edited by Angel Amor

I know about that film. It's about a superhero that is not your kind superhero. Will Smith will play a superhero that drinks, smokes, and has one nite stands with women. Basicly he hates being a superhero and he's just tired of it. But then he meets a women that shows him purpose of being a superhero. He falls in love with her but theres a problem she is married. It's a drama not a kid friendly movie(like spiderman). Thats why it took a while to find a director and producers cause it's not kid friendly it's dark. A lot of A-list movies applied for the film but Will got it. It probably be out later this year or next year, I'm not sure about that.

Oh, thx for that! :kool:

Thanks for the news but I don't think it's fair to talk 'bout Will doing a new movie yet 'cause the "Lost and Found" CD hasn't even released yet, he needs to take some time off of filming to do a tour/promotion of the album 1st, hip-hop needs Will more than ever right now

Thanks for the news but I don't think it's fair to talk 'bout Will doing a new movie yet 'cause the "Lost and Found" CD hasn't even released yet, he needs to take some time off of filming to do a tour/promotion of the album 1st, hip-hop needs Will more than ever right now

got that right! We need a fresh new taste in hip hop! :dancingcool:

• Members

Doesn't sound like Will at all........dosn't reall sound like a good movie either

I think it sounds good. A good special effects blockbuster that might actually challange Will as an actor.

i agree.. to all of u questioning the film, it is supposed to be one of the best "unproduced scripts" that got the attention of top actors and directors. Hopefully they keep the dark undertones, and Will was selected b/c he can attract the moviegoers and probably play a convincing, dark character. Why would ya'll question this movie and Will's attachment to it, when ya'll are always sayin he can do more than the goofy character type? Are u playin into the stereotype? I think this movie sounds great.

February 17, 2005, 10:45 AM ET

Smith Has Plans For 'Tonight'

By Borys Kit and Liza Foreman, The Hollywood Reporter

Will Smith and director Jonathan Mostow are teaming up to bring the superhero drama "Tonight He Comes" to the screen and are in early negotiations with Columbia Pictures. Akiva Goldsman and Michael Mann are producing.

Written by Vince Gilligan, "Tonight" is a script that has fallen on many execs' "best unproduced scripts" lists and has attracted many A-listers. But its dark, adult tone made it difficult to set up. The story tells the tale of a depressed, bored superhero who drinks, smokes and has one-night stands. He develops a newfound purpose in life when he is drawn to a married woman.

"Tonight" is part of a new wave of projects that deal with superheroes but are not based on existing comic book-based characters.

Smith and his Overbrook Entertainment company are based at Columbia, where they are celebrating their record-breaking opening weekend for the Sony release "Hitch," which grossed $43.1 million. Smith also starred in Columbia's "Bad Boys" movies and its "Men in Black" films.

Mostow's previous directing credits include "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines," "U-571" and "Breakdown."

I also found out alittle bit more about the movie. It's gonna be release next year towards the winter time. It's about a superhero that crashes to earth outside of New York city. SO.. I guess it's kinda like superman but a real portrayal about a superhero's life.

Edited by Angel Amor