Hero1

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

another one:

Hip-hop rap artist and actor Will Smith released his new album ‘Lost and Found’ this week. Love him or hate him; this is a must album. The former ‘Fresh Prince’ shows he still is very fresh. The beats are original and Will Smith’s flow is tight and mature. The track ‘Lost and Found’ (also the album title) is a very truthful and straight at ya type track. If you don’t agree with what Will Smith has to say, then you must be brainwashed. This is one needed CD for rap and hip-hop.

Even though ‘Lost and Found’ was released on Interscope, it is a CD worth a look and a buy. As a matter of fact I bought this CD to review; since Interscopes’ online rep has ‘issues’ with a lot of on line media and pretty much leaves us out in the cold.

From the outset with ‘Here He Comes’ ya get a taste of something fresh. There is something for everybody on this record.

Club bangers like ‘Switch’, ‘Pump Ya Brakes’ feat. Snoop, ‘If U Can’t Dance [slide] were definitely made for the ladies.

While tracks like ‘I Wish I Made That’ / Swagga, Mr. Niceguy, ‘Lost and Found’, and ‘Tell Me Why’ are tracks that needed to be cut and give you some substance and something to think about.

The last track ‘Switch…R&B Remix’ feat. Robin Thicke shows great versatility in Will Smith’s music. It really may be better than the original club banger ‘Switch’.

With fresh beats and great production this album is sure to be a stand out. The album contains 15 tracks and there really isn’t a bad track there. They are all fresh and a real change from what we are being 'spoon' feed lately.

On a scale of 1-10, ‘Lost and Found’ by Will Smith gets a 9. The only thing keeping it from a 10 is that it was released on Interscope. The album is out and be sure to check it out and buy it – don’t download it. Show support for the artist.

http://www.thuglifearmy.com/news/?id=1092

On a scale of 1-10, ‘Lost and Found’ by Will Smith gets a 9. The only thing keeping it from a 10 is that it was released on Interscope. The album is out and be sure to check it out and buy it – don’t download it. Show support for the artist.

That's bull****...why not give it a 10? Just because it's released on Interscope?? What's wrong whit Interscope?? :dunno:

New review from allhiphop.com

Lost and Found

Artist: Will Smith

Title: Lost and Found

Rating:3,5/5

Reviewed by: Houston Williams

Will Smith is madly in love with Hip-Hop.

This is the only justifiable reason why Philly’s first prince of rap would even bother making another rap album. When you are a $20 million-per-film sort of movie star, who needs to rap? However, when you are making that sort of money, you can do whatever you want and Will Smith does just that on Lost and Found (Interscope), a return to his roots.

Eminem once boasted, “Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records, well I do.” Lost and Found bears no “Parental Advisory” sticker and listeners looking for raunchy music should look elsewhere. But, what the Philly native lacks in vulgarity, he more than makes up with refreshing candor. On “Party Starter,” Big Willie comments on the sweeping changes the industry has undergone since his 80’s heyday. “A call for the days for the unadulterated/ When the artistry was cultivated/ You know back when rap was smart and multilayered/ We could rap without A&R’s and ultimatums.” Furthermore, Will gets laced with a plethora of quality beats from The Freshmen , Will’s Overbrook Productions, Polow The Don and others like Kwame.

Will’s candor extends throughout Lost and Found and frankly, he exerts more freedom of speech than your typical gangsta rapper. For example, on “Tell Me Why,” he and Mary J. Blige craft an emotional rollercoaster ride that rivals Jadakiss’ “Why.” With emotion unseen in the movie star, he yells, “Tell me why did James Byrd, Jr. have to be touched/ Tell me why did Martin and Malcolm depart from us/ tell me why did the sniper make that little boy shoot/ And why is human life always denied /Tell me why did Mandela have to live in a cage/ Tell me why did my brother Sterling die at that age…What am I supposed to say to my kids when they say ‘Why?’” Other songs like “Ms. Holy Roller” and “Mr. Niceguy” address weighty personal topics.

The other half of the album is pure, clean fun and that’s something sorely lacking in Hip-hop music these days. The beats are bouncy and geared to get the party poppin’ like it was live from Union Square in 1986. Truthfully, the problem with Lost and Found is outside of this album. It would appear that the label (Interscope Records) is more willing to put all of its energies in artists like 50 Cent, The Game and Eminem. Certainly, that’s a reality, but with the right push this album would be a platinum seller. And artistically, it more than rivals 50 Cent and Eminem, but falls under Game’s debut.

There are times that Big Will Smith sounds old school’ish, and that’s just what the game needs – a touch of old school. Will Smith was lost but only time will tell if fans will find him.

source: Allhiphop.com

Well that guy from allhiphop.com really listen to the album with his ears. Not like sum ppl say they listen to the album and Will isn't that good but it seems to me so ppl that diss Will listen to the album with their butt and not their ears. Anyway yeah that was a great review.

Guest Guest

That's bull****...why not give it a 10? Just because it's released on Interscope?? What's wrong whit Interscope?? :dunno:

Truthfully, the problem with Lost and Found is outside of this album. It would appear that the label (Interscope Records) is more willing to put all of its energies in artists like 50 Cent, The Game and Eminem. Certainly, that’s a reality, but with the right push this album would be a platinum seller. And artistically, it more than rivals 50 Cent and Eminem

That should pretty much explain it.

Swedens second biggest newspaper gave it 1 of 5. Idiot.

Well no label's perfect but at least he has more artistic freedom than he did on Columbia and that's why the credibility is alive again.