JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

*Official* Lost and Found Review Post

Hero1

I don't think this one has been posted yet.

News Round

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4...000/4391069.stm

Release date

29 March 2005

Style:

Will Smith's back and this time he's angry. Grrrrrrrr! It seems poor old Will can't understand why he doesn't get respect from other rappers and some fans even though he sells loads of copies of his stuff.

How many good tracks:

Of the 17 we get in the UK, maybe 11 or 12.

Top tracks:

Switch is a cracking tune, top Will Smith party track that gets you wriggling to the marching band-style beat. Not sure there's a real need for TWO other versions of the same song on the album, although at least one of them is a bonus track. Mr Niceguy sees Will get lots of anger off his chest, but he stills sounds extremely well-mannered in his criticism of people who have said nasty things about him. Tell Me Why with Mary J Blige is a very impassioned track about wrongs and injustices of the world and how difficult it is to explain why they happen.

Weakest track:

Album opener Here He Comes is rubbish. Will making up his own words to the theme tune of the really old Spider-Man cartoon isn't big or clever. Not sure that Pump Ya Breaks works either, despite the presence of guest star Snoop Dogg. Scary Story, which kind of tells Will's rise to fame to one of his children is a bit too cute to be interesting.

Hit or miss:

Hit. It's refreshing to hear someone rapping in a slightly different style to bigger (and angrier) names like Eminem and 50 Cent. And there's no swearing on Lost And Found either, which means you won't feel so embarrased if your parents hear it.

Rating: 3/5

Edited by MaxFly

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

they had a review in todays paper they gave it 2 and a half stars and said will should stop rapping.. i cant read any more reviews..it gets me too mad!! :daedulus: :mad8: i know im supposed to wave em off..but it still gets to me..so im gonna try avoid all those rubbish reviews if possible :antlers:

they had a review in todays paper they gave it 2 and a half stars and said will should stop rapping.. i cant read any more reviews..it gets me too mad!! :daedulus: :mad8: i know im supposed to wave em off..but it still gets to me..so im gonna try avoid all those rubbish reviews if possible :antlers:

:werd:

everybody lost their respect for Will.

it's starting to get heavy on my nervs. :blabla: :ali: :chuks:

Tim, it's not that serious man. Check it.

After I read a bad review of Lost and Found from a site, I search for their Massacre and Encore reviews. For every negative Lost and Found review I've read so far, there's always been a positive to dag gone near glowing review for both The Massacre and Encore, automatically discrediting themselves. All of hip hop has said that Encore was garbage, and people still can't understand who's buying those Massacre CDs. Lol. What does that tell us?

And then I proceed to Wave 'em Off. lol

• Members

The bad reviewers kinda played it out like this:

Bad Reviewer 1: Time to pop in that Will Smith CD. Never mind, I heard his song "Mitch" on the radio. 2/5, where can I pick up my check?

Bad Reviewer 2: Haha. Will Smith... He's already making millions, he doesn't deserve to make music. You know what? I don't even need to listen to the CD, F!

Bad Reviewer 3: I dunno, it might be good. *pops in CD*... Wait, where's the guns, materialism, and sex? Doesn't he know what rap is?

God Blessa!

LOOOL...

Yeah so typical...Im sure most of the people think like this!!!

They should give the CD under another name LOOL...Maybe he would get better review, not BEING Will...Wait, thats stupid, we know hes talented, and the people who cant make honest reviews just because they think "its Will, its not worth it", are just really stupid, and totally narrow minded...

BTW Ive read a lot of good reviews on amazon.com...Maybe all the people on amazon come from here, but hes 4 stars on 5 wich is pretty good!!!

Yeah I don't put too much weight on reviews. I just wave em' off. But I understand that it does sumtimes it gets on your nerves cuz ppl diss Will but then ppl praise this trash like Beanie Sigelor sum1 like dat. But just fail to see the creativity and passion in Will's album. I mean very few rap artist today write their own lyrics. Or they write lyrics that just does not make any sense at all. But still Will is climbing the charts no matter what ppl say. So just WAVE EM' OFF

Well F them critics, I think the fans' opinions are stronger than theirs, I've seen a lot of peeps give it props on hip-hop forums, those critics are probably on the Aftermath staff, so who really gives a damn what they say 'cause like my man Chuck D says "critics are hypocrites". :ali:

• Members

diehardwill...it's like you americans have been hypnotized 'cause i can't understand why 50 cent's trashy and crappy album stills selling and #1!

hmmmmm not only the americans even the germans......the massacre was at number 1 in his forst week....second week.......now at number 2

post-3-1112282109.jpg

Good Review: TimesOnline

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/art...1536995,00.html

Music

March 26, 2005

Hip-hop

Will Smith

Lost and Found (Interscope)

Three years on from the disappointing Born to Reign, Smith’s decision temp- orarily to put his movie career on hold (THE EYE, March 5) seemed obtuse. But, on the evidence of this album, it was a shrewd move.

The record is a treat. Even when making significant points — Tell Me Why is about trying to explain September 11 to his son, while Ms Holy Roller includes an impassioned attack on religious fundamentalism — his style is impeccable. Smith is clearly enjoying himself. There is a sense of freedom to this record, as if running his own label means that he can trust his own instincts rather than pander to a marketing department’s perception of his audience ’s expectations.

His much-touted “dis” of Eminem in Mr Niceguy is really just a two-line aside, but the real attack is found elsewhere. Back to his best as a rapper, and recalling the easygoing wordplay of his teens, Smith revels throughout in clever, cheeky verbiage, and you begin to realise where Mr Mathers got at least some of his shtick from. And, as if to hammer home the point, he still does it all without swearing.

4/5 mic

Angus Batey

Good Review: TimesOnline

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/art...1536995,00.html

Music

March 26, 2005

Hip-hop

Will Smith

Lost and Found (Interscope)

Three years on from the disappointing Born to Reign, Smith’s decision temp- orarily to put his movie career on hold (THE EYE, March 5) seemed obtuse. But, on the evidence of this album, it was a shrewd move.

The record is a treat. Even when making significant points — Tell Me Why is about trying to explain September 11 to his son, while Ms Holy Roller includes an impassioned attack on religious fundamentalism — his style is impeccable. Smith is clearly enjoying himself. There is a sense of freedom to this record, as if running his own label means that he can trust his own instincts rather than pander to a marketing department’s perception of his audience ’s expectations.

His much-touted “dis” of Eminem in Mr Niceguy is really just a two-line aside, but the real attack is found elsewhere. Back to his best as a rapper, and recalling the easygoing wordplay of his teens, Smith revels throughout in clever, cheeky verbiage, and you begin to realise where Mr Mathers got at least some of his shtick from. And, as if to hammer home the point, he still does it all without swearing.

4/5 mic

Angus Batey

Great!!!

do u know what i dont get about these reviews, they used to say Will was weak and was pop, now hes slightly harder they say hes not real. What do u want from him????

I dont expect good reviews for Will anymore, they can go listen to 50 cent if they want while we enjoy some decent music. Its thier loss.

oh i got another quote to "when u all that, u gonna get dissed!"