JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

....tra-knox

Mike

I THINK B2R WAS PROMO 4 TRA-KNOX. DIDN'T WILL SEE THEM AT A NIGHT CLUB OR SOMETHING. ANYWAY WILL SAID HE LIKE WHAT HE SAW AND THOUGHT THEY HAD A GOOD FLOW. AND I GUESS TRIED TO HELP THEM GET THEIR NAME OUT THERE BY PUTING THEM ON HIS ALBUM. BUT IT DIDN'T WORK OUT THAT WAY. OH WELL. :angel:

Was it just me or did any body else not feel tra-knox on the born to reign album?

no i didnt feel them at all.. them being on every track really ruined the album for me.. and i really wasnt feelin the vocals..their best track was on im comin

definatly...if "Born to Reign" was supposed to live up to its name, than using Tra-Knox on every track definatly killed that idea. It wasn't that they took the chorus but they also took a possible 3rd verse away from Will's rapping. I can't stand hearing them on every track. They're talented cats dont get me wrong but they dont belong on every track on a veteran's album especially when its called "Born to Reign".

Tra-Knox is a real talent...but Born To Reign didn't provide them with the outlet they needed. I saw them sing live...those cats are 4 real. Born To Reign was FP's weakest album, but Tra-Knox isn't the reason 4 that...it waz the production. The music experements were just 2 much.

• Members

that's the more reason why l&f has to douse the doubts over the under performance of b2r. i hope will puts it right with this one. and the fact that that asshole gangsta wanksta's record is gone double platinum in less than 2 weeks (and what a terrible album, i don't know what's up with americans!). i the hope interscope don't ignore will and promote l&f properly, or do you think they will?

Edited by diehardwill

Well personally I don't care how much the album sells as long as it's a great album that I'll enjoy, there's some great albums in hip-hop history(music history for that matter) that never sold high numbers but the peeps that buy them appreciate them, but it'd be nice to see somethin' dope top the charts for a change, I don't think sales are the most important thing here, it's about putting out quality more than anything. It'd be nice to see talent and quality being marketed instead of gimmicks but it ain't a perfect world, it ain't just the Americans fault, I don't think we Americans should be blamed for everything that's wrong right now with music, we could only do our part as individuals, if you don't like somebody just ignore them and don't buy their album, support a talented mc that doesn't get airplay instead.

btw though, I thought I remember FP sayin' in an interview that "Born To Reign" was some of the best work he did, maybe he said that 'cause he made songs about Jada, I guess. :dunno: From a personal standpoint to him it'd might've been some of his favorite songs, but from a fan's perspective, it's not.

Edited by bigted