JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kiss the Sky

Jonny 5

Hey all, I just got Tatyana Ali's album; Kiss the Sky today and I think it's brilliant, what do you guys think about it? Oh yeah, and I love the video for 'Boy you knock me out' with Will in it, that bit at the end is amusing. :biggrin: Edited by Jonny 5

I LOVE Kiss The Sky. And i'm not saying that just cuz i love Tatyana Ali. I didn't expect her album 2 be bad or anything, but when i heard her album, i waz incredibly impressed.

It waz the summer of 1998 (a great tyme 4 me) and the "Daydreamin'" video waz all over BET. I also waz really in2 Lord Tariq + Peter Gunz so this song waz just the jam 2 me. I went out and bought the single. A few months later the album dropped but i didn't get it the 1st time i saw it in stores, i just looked at the back 2 make sure JJ+FP wazn't on it. This waz the fall of 1998, then they premiered her "Boy You Knock Me Out" video which waz just as dope as "Daydreamin'...then it went in 2 FP's rap. I freaked out, grabbed my keys and headed over 2 the music store. I got the album and popped it in the CD player and waz so mad that his rap wazn't on the album.

That didn't matter 2 much tho' cuz i thought the album waz brilliant. I love every single song on the album...especially "He Loves Me." Luckly i found the "Boy You Knock Me Out" import CD singles and got the remix with FP's rap shortly after.

Everytime i pop that album in, it just takes me 2 when i bought it. Life waz really different back then...some stuff good...some stuff kinda painful, but the music just takes me there the way only certain music can. Kiss The Sky is highly underrated and i can't wait 4 her next album 2 drop.

[quote=Prince,Apr 28 2004, 06:55 PM]Holdup a minute! Did I hear the words "new album"?! Fill me in! :peace:[/quote]
Back in 1999, she said she'd probably do another album. Most of us started loosing hope but just last year she announced that she was working on a new album.

• Members
Wow. she has an awesome voice and she's a really cute girl too. I didn't know she made an album. how old is she now? what is her album titled? :bowrofl:

Guest Prince
Man, it's hard to imagine Tatyana all grown up now. When I hear the name I still think of her back in the Fresh Prince of Bel Air days.

Good news that she's working on a new album, I've heard most of Kiss the Sky so I know I can expect some fresh new music. :peace: