JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP LIVE DVD(taped in LA)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I actually won that contest from VA - they flew us out to LA - the concert was HOT! They were filming a DVD to be sold in Wal Mart. It was so awesome!

wow awesome!! i was wondering what the "taping" was for.. what songs did they do live?

They filmed a mix of old and new stuff for a Wal Mart only release DVD - there was a performance with Mary J. Blige that was SO amazing -that song is going to be number 1. It was about 45 minutes long and Will's whole family was there. Only about 150 people got to go and most of them were from LA. Only a handful of us from other places got to go. I am not, by the way, like the Alison girl that won - I am a HUGE fan and just about died when they drew my name to go!!! They took prof pictures with Will (we weren't allowed to bring our own cameras or cell phones or even purses) and are going to send htem to us. The whole thing really was very secretive and was in some random warehouse studio - REALLY small. What else do you want to know?

Let's see what I can remember ...

Getting Jiggy Wit it

Miami

Men in Black

Switch

Summertime

Tell Me Why (with Mary J.)

and then two other new songs that were hard to hear b/c we were all screaming so loud - they asked us to really hype it up like there were a lot more people there. I am still completely hoarse.

He introduced the song by talking about how his kids always ask him why bad things happen like 9/11 and riots and bombings and things like that and the whole song is along the line of "why do we do this to each other?" and "why can't we all live in harmony" kind of idea. It's a combination of Mary J singing her heart out and Will rapping. It was realllllllly intense. We were all pretty quiet during it b/c some parts are pretty sad.

Some of the other contest winner heard that it will start showing on Wal Mart tv (in the stores) April 1st - right after the CD release. So I assume it will be available pretty soon as a part of the CD hype. At least I hope so! They said all of us would have a shot on the DVD :-)