JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jamie Foxx Wins Oscar!

bigted

I didn't watch the oscars last night but I read on the internet just now that Jamie Foxx won.

Foxx Offers Most Memorable Speech

By RYAN PEARSON

Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES - With warmhearted memories and an entertainer's light touch, Jamie Foxx did his grandma proud.

Foxx's acceptance of the best-actor Oscar for his uncanny embodiment of Ray Charles in "Ray" was the night's behind-the-microphone highlight - demonstrating a blend of poise and passion unmatched by previous winners.

His thoughtful speech featured a Sidney Poitier impression and a tearful recollection of his grandmother Estelle, his "first acting teacher."

"She told me stand up straight, shoulders back. Act like you've got some sense," he said.

"And she still talks to me now, only now she talks to me in my dreams. And I can't wait to go to sleep tonight because we have a lot to talk about."

I didn't watch them either...they usually bore me outta my mind. But i also checked the winners after they were over. When i saw Jamie Foxx won best actor, i waz so happy. He deserve all the good things that come his way. Have u seen his new special on Comedy Central, featuring urban comics? Check if u can, cuz they are hilarious.

Did I, Robot or Sharktale win that Special Effects award? I waz assuming Spider-Man would get it but i really wanna know. If someone saw them televised, let us know what scenes they aired when mentioning the movies.