JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

can you feel that?

Hero1

• Admin

that my friends is the momentum Switch and Lost and Found is gaining.. Switch gained 50 radio stations straight out the gate being the most added to mainstream radio..then added another 20..and now its over 100 stations..it also is the second most popular song to increase spins last week.. add to that the fact its racing up the itunes charts..will be in the top 10 most downloaded songs very soon.. hes winning "battles" switch vs other songs all over the place..and switch is starting to hit all over the world withe the music video startin to get sum serious play...everyone is talking about lost and found! the whole hip hop community has picked up on the will vs eminem thing and the majority have come out to support Will..just a few months ago everyone was countin out Will..saying he shouldnt make music anymore, his music career was over etc etc.. i knew to never count out will he can do anything he puts his mind too and i know how much he has put into this music..he stopped doin movies just so he could focus on the music and get everything right..now hes finally off sony we can see the difference..first of all a hip hop single..look @ the album cover..hes basically saying im goin back to west philly on this 1 and gettin away from the whole hollywood thing..which is how sony promoted him hollywood movie star who did music... i can feel the momentum thats generating switch is gonna be a huge hit.. and the hip hop fans are really gonna come out and support Lost & Found.. people who wouldnt get willennium & born to Reign are gonna get this.. Will is back guys!!! this is just the beginning ...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's real good to hear. I have some questions 4 u Hero, since you're know more inside the business than I do. How do u know that Switch gained music video play? I mean, how do u track these things? Just wondering cuz I could never find out. Also, do u know specific examples of radio/music video stations increasing Switch's play? Thanks

These are all good things. Huzzah?

In any case, regardless of whether it's a huge commercial success or not, I'm just lookin forward to some new, quality (hopefully) Will Smith trax! First time in six years!!!!! (like Rocky V, B2R never happened)

Edited by scyhigh99

I'm hopin' this year is gonna be HUGE. However, i'm not feeling any impact yet. I don't listen 2 the radio much or watch TV 2 much, but i've never heard it on the radio and i've only seen it on TV twice...and one of those times waz when he premeired it. Both times were on BET.

I'm hopin' this year is gonna be HUGE. However, i'm not feeling any impact yet. I don't listen 2 the radio much or watch TV 2 much, but i've never heard it on the radio and i've only seen it on TV twice...and one of those times waz when he premeired it. Both times were on BET.

yeah that's what i'm sayin too. I've heard it on radio once, seen it on tv 3 times (excluding the premiere) but not much else. Where is this buzz that ya'll are feeling?

• Admin

well the facts speak for themselves.. a hit on radio..and no. 15 on itunes..

CHARTBUSTERS AND BUZZCUTS

Will Smith – "Switch" (Interscope) He’s back in a big way. Most added honors with more than 50 pop stations coming on board out of the box. The title track from his #1 movie Switch which took in more than forty million dollars in its first weekend is a sure sign that Will’s still got it! He’s used to being on top and this time it seems like another repeat performance. Will Smith’s new CD Lost and Found is scheduled to be in stores on March 29th Stations already spinning this track include, Z100, KIIS, WKSC, WIHT, WXKS, Q100, KZZP, KHTS, KZHT and many more.

http://www.fmqb.com/chr.asp

y'all obviously arent listenin to the right stations :kekeke:

• Admin

Canadian CHR Most Added©

Artist Title (Label) Adds

Shawn Desman Let's Go (Vik/Sony BMG) 4

Will Smith Switch (Interscope) 3

Rob Thomas Lonely No More (Atlantic) 2

Canadian CHR Most Increased Plays

Artist Title (Label) Plays

Shawn Desman Let's Go (Vik/Sony BMG) +114

Will Smith Switch (Interscope) +84

Snoop Dogg f/Justin Timberlake Signs (Doggystyle/Geffen) +72

Rob Thomas Lonely No More (Atlantic) +61

Frankie J. f/Baby Bash Obsession (No Es Amor) (Columbia)

http://www.radioandrecords.com/Formats/Cha...a_CHR_chart.asp

just go to google and do a search for will smith and switch and you will find plenty!! im not saying its a monster hit yet that takes a few weeks..but its beginning switch is leading all the most added and most increased plays categories..so radio station are added switch to the playlist and playing it more and more