JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

HITCH SOUNDTRACK

JumpinJack AJ

I got the Hitch Soundtrack the other day. I have a feeling most people here won't like it much. I think it's biggest weakness is that it dosen't flow at all. Mostly good music, but they are mixing brand new songs next 2 old songs and it just dosen't make sense. It should have been all new music or mostly just old music. Here's my review...

AMERIE - 1 Thing

Apparently this is the 1st single. Amerie's 2002 album is amazing. Sugary sweet vocals and timeless production. This songs dosen't represent that at all. The music is high energy, percussion filled music with no soul 2 it. She also dosen't get 2 show off her vocal ability on the song at all. Good song, but nothing special..and not nearly as good as most of the stuff on her debut album.

JOHN LEGEND - Don't You Worry About A Thing

This one waz waz produced by Will.I.Am of The Black Eyed Peas. His music is usually great, but this beat isn't as good as most of his work. John Legend also dosen't sound at home compared 2 the stuff on his album. Very average song.

EARTH, WIND, & FIRE feat. KELLY ROWLAND + SLEEPY BROWN - This Is How I Feel

Ahhhh...now we're talking. This song is pretty good. It's got a nice, retro beat u can groove 2. Sleepy Brown sounds very boring, like alot of the other stuff he's done. He's a good talent, but alot of his stuff seems boring. Kelly Rowland sounds great on the track and really outshines Sleepy Brown.

MARK RONSON feat. GHOSTFACE KILLAH, NATE DOGG, TRIFE DA GOD, and SAIGON - Ooh Wee

This beat is really nice. They could have taken it 1 step forward, but it's very good. The talent on the track is kinda forgetable tho'. Nobody really stands out.

HEAVY D + THE BOYZ - Now That We Found Love

This is one of my favorite songs of all time from one of my favorite groups of all time. Heavy D + The Boyz with Aaron Hall on the hook and Teddy Riley behind the boards. His waz song all i listened 2 back in 1991, along with "Summertime," "Mama Said Knock You Out" and "2 Legit 2 Quit." It dosen't really flow with the soundtrack at all...but i can't wait 2 see how it's incorporated in the movie.

MELENI SMITH - Happy

This is my favorite song on the soundtrack. I don't know anything about the artist, but she's got skillz. It's a breezy, radio-friendly R-N-B song. Look 4 this song and give it a listen. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

THE O'JAYS - Love Train

Classic R-N-B funk from a legendary group. This is where the oldies kick in. Great song, but i've heard it 100 times.

THE TEMPTATIONS - I Can't Get Next To You

Another oldie. I like this song, but of all of the hits The Tempations had in the 60's...this is one of my leave favs.

JIMMY CLIFF - You Can Get It If you Really Want

Never heard this song b4. Don't really care 4 it...skip it everytime.

MARTHA REEVES + THE VANDELLAS - It's Easy To Fall In Love (With A Guy Like You)

Back 2 the really good oldies. Great song.

EARTH, WIND, + FIRE - Reasons

Here's a dose of 70's R-N-B soul. Nice song...but not one of my fav oldies.

OMARION - Never Gonna Let You Go (She's A Keepa)

Man, i waz expecting something dope 4 this song. As a fan of B2K and the Platnium Status crew, i expected this 2 be the best song on the album. However, it's got Omarion singing over a retro-funk type song. No where near as great as "O."

KEVIN LYTTLE - Turn Me On (Low Tide Remix)

Here we are with a remix of a song that waz huge over the past summer. This is a dance/club remix of the track. I like it alot....alot, alot!!

FP served as the Executive Music Producer while James "J.L. - The Hammer" Lassiter waz one of the Soundtrack Executive Producers. Both of them are listed as producers of the movie. The soundtrack is also an Overbrook produced (naturally). The CD insert has a few pix from the movie in it.

For those of you who plan on getting it, it's only $9.99 at Circuit City. It's only gonna be at that sale price for 2day (Friday) and Saturday. Save some money and get it now. I think my review is pretty honest, so unless it sounds like something u want, don't get it. From my knowledge on people's taste, i only see a few of the people on these boards liking it.

• 4 weeks later...

I luv the song one thing by Amerie! they play it at the end of the movie. :dj:

Im really feeling the Amerie song too. At the London premier they had these guys dancing to it before Will turned up, they did a really good job.

i loved it when will turned up and he started danceing with the girls on those box's

i loved it when will turned up and he started danceing with the girls on those box's

I think thats why i love this tune so much, its the anthem of me meeting Will.

Love to hear this in a club. If i DJ again anytime i'd play it

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Hitch Soundtrack the other day. I have a feeling most people here won't like it much. I think it's biggest weakness is that it dosen't flow at all. Mostly good music, but they are mixing brand new songs next 2 old songs and it just dosen't make sense. It should have been all new music or mostly just old music. Here's my review...

AMERIE - 1 Thing

Apparently this is the 1st single. Amerie's 2002 album is amazing. Sugary sweet vocals and timeless production. This songs dosen't represent that at all. The music is high energy, percussion filled music with no soul 2 it. She also dosen't get 2 show off her vocal ability on the song at all. Good song, but nothing special..and not nearly as good as most of the stuff on her debut album.

JOHN LEGEND - Don't You Worry About A Thing

This one waz waz produced by Will.I.Am of The Black Eyed Peas. His music is usually great, but this beat isn't as good as most of his work. John Legend also dosen't sound at home compared 2 the stuff on his album. Very average song.

EARTH, WIND, & FIRE feat. KELLY ROWLAND + SLEEPY BROWN - This Is How I Feel

Ahhhh...now we're talking. This song is pretty good. It's got a nice, retro beat u can groove 2. Sleepy Brown sounds very boring, like alot of the other stuff he's done. He's a good talent, but alot of his stuff seems boring. Kelly Rowland sounds great on the track and really outshines Sleepy Brown.

MARK RONSON feat. GHOSTFACE KILLAH, NATE DOGG, TRIFE DA GOD, and SAIGON - Ooh Wee

This beat is really nice. They could have taken it 1 step forward, but it's very good. The talent on the track is kinda forgetable tho'. Nobody really stands out.

HEAVY D + THE BOYZ - Now That We Found Love

This is one of my favorite songs of all time from one of my favorite groups of all time. Heavy D + The Boyz with Aaron Hall on the hook and Teddy Riley behind the boards. His waz song all i listened 2 back in 1991, along with "Summertime," "Mama Said Knock You Out" and "2 Legit 2 Quit." It dosen't really flow with the soundtrack at all...but i can't wait 2 see how it's incorporated in the movie.

MELENI SMITH - Happy

This is my favorite song on the soundtrack. I don't know anything about the artist, but she's got skillz. It's a breezy, radio-friendly R-N-B song. Look 4 this song and give it a listen. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

THE O'JAYS - Love Train

Classic R-N-B funk from a legendary group. This is where the oldies kick in. Great song, but i've heard it 100 times.

THE TEMPTATIONS - I Can't Get Next To You

Another oldie. I like this song, but of all of the hits The Tempations had in the 60's...this is one of my leave favs.

JIMMY CLIFF - You Can Get It If you Really Want

Never heard this song b4. Don't really care 4 it...skip it everytime.

MARTHA REEVES + THE VANDELLAS - It's Easy To Fall In Love (With A Guy Like You)

Back 2 the really good oldies. Great song.

EARTH, WIND, + FIRE - Reasons

Here's a dose of 70's R-N-B soul. Nice song...but not one of my fav oldies.

OMARION - Never Gonna Let You Go (She's A Keepa)

Man, i waz expecting something dope 4 this song. As a fan of B2K and the Platnium Status crew, i expected this 2 be the best song on the album. However, it's got Omarion singing over a retro-funk type song. No where near as great as "O."

KEVIN LYTTLE - Turn Me On (Low Tide Remix)

Here we are with a remix of a song that waz huge over the past summer. This is a dance/club remix of the track. I like it alot....alot, alot!!

FP served as the Executive Music Producer while James "J.L. - The Hammer" Lassiter waz one of the Soundtrack Executive Producers. Both of them are listed as producers of the movie. The soundtrack is also an Overbrook produced (naturally). The CD insert has a few pix from the movie in it.

NO! I like the album really man, it's great!!! I know there are some old tracks on it but they are hot and the remixes for example the remix of Kevin Lyttle's - Turn Me On is sooooo hot! I really liked Turn Me On and listened to it all day and every day last summer and I immediately bought the album by Kevin Lyttle and it's dope!!!!!!! So the soundtrack for Hitch is great I'd say... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

ive decided to get this soundtrack after seeing the movie. i was walking out in the credits and amerie's song came on. I suddenly reqognised it as the song that Will came down the red carpet to at Manchester. I have to buy it just for that song for the memories lol.

That is an ace song, i've been putting it on every morning as my wake up song.

NO! I like the album really man, it's great!!! I know there are some old tracks on it but they are hot and the remixes for example the remix of Kevin Lyttle's - Turn Me On is sooooo hot! I really liked Turn Me On and listened to it all day and every day last summer and I immediately bought the album by Kevin Lyttle and it's dope!!!!!!! So the soundtrack for Hitch is great I'd say... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

No, don't get me wrong, the music on it is good...i just don't think it blends as an album. I wouldn't mind seeing a 2 disc version of it. The 1st disc featuring those oldie-but-goodies by The O'Jays, Earth, Wind, + Fire, The Temptations, going up the whole way thru' Heavy D + The Boyz "Now That We Found Love." Then the 2nd disc can feature all the new music by Amerie, E,W,F feat. Kelly Rowland + Sleepy Brown, John Legend...and even the updated music they left off like Usher's "Yeah." Alot of good music in the movie. Definitly helps set the vibe 4 it.