JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Fresh Prince Finally Right To My Door

• Members

SOOOOO awesome, I just watched a couple episodes of the Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air Dvd. It's tight, if you haven't got it, go and save some mula and buy this. It's got some special features but it's funny because on the back it says it's a 2-disc dvd when really it's a 4 disc set. Definetly a good investment. Anyways i'm off to a study group. Peace.

• Admin

i think thats so wack..look at all the special features seinfeld has for example..and all we get is a 16 minute special? they should have had commentaries with the cast..sumthin about jazzy jeff and fresh prince..some JJFP music videos..out takes deleted scenes..the audio should have been in stereo.. :daedulus: i just hope this dvd sells over a million units and forces them to do sumthin for season 2 :werd:

I don't see what they could do for special features. Granted they should have had more people involved 4 the documentary...but isn't really anything they could put on it. After all, it waz the 1st season, they probably don't have 2 much backstage stuff that would amount 2 much. And i don't think JJ+FP music videos belonged on there at all. After all, in future releases, i'm sure we can expect those behind-the-scenes and the 100th Episode special on the respetive seasons. They'll probably do like In Living Color and have a documentary for each season.

• Admin

well ive got the seinfeld dvds for the first 3 seasons and they have heaps of stuff..and they were filmed at the same time 90/91 they could have put a lot more effort into the dvd..for instance on the seinfeld dvd..they have the creator and jerry talking about each episode at the start..they have commentaries from the stars..writers..behind the scenes people.. they have deleted scenes and outtakes..nbc would still have these sumwhere! they also have features on the characters..like theres one on kramer..they could have done 1 on each character with all the actors talking about them and the development..they also dont have any scene selections for the episodes..not broken in to chapters..it seems to me warner bros put very little effort into at all..but fresh prince of bel air was one of the great sitcoms of the 90s and featured will smith who is now one of the biggest movie stars in the world..warner bros seems like they said oh its a black show that no1 really cares about we'll just throw this out there :ali: and once again it would have been great to include sumthin on jazzy jeff and fresh prince..this is the reason will was selected to play the part cause they saw will in the music videos..it would also probably make a lot of fresh prince of bel air fans JJFP fans! i became a fan of the music through the tv show..so once again another lost opportunity

i think they are probably saving different special features for the toher series. They have probably recorded/filmed all the features they have plaaned for series 2-6 and are gonna save them for them.

warner bros seems like they said oh its a black show that no1 really cares about we'll just throw this out there :ali:

You really think this was about race? No offense to FPOBA, but Seinfeld was on a whole different plateau of success and was, honestly, just a funnier sitcom - one of the best ever. Even if there were loads of extra features - and from the sounds of things, yeah, they coulda done better - FPOBA wasn't gonna sell nearly as well as Seinfeld - or various other shows - on DVD. I'm pretty sure WB's was just worrying about profits, and figured weather they took the time to add a bunch of extras or not, the hard-core fans (most ppl here) would still buy it, and those who wouldn't, wouldn't.

Its about owning the episodes mainly anyway. Screw DVD extra's, yeh they are nice but they are called EXTRA'S for a reason and that means its good to have any at all