JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Album out this week

Hero1

I'm gonna head out to the the mall this weekend and cop that new CD by Jazzy Jeff 'cause where I work at Kmart isn't sellin' it, I outta go on strike 'til they sell it! :kekeke: Edited by bigted

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally found the album (at FYE). I'm so happy with it. It's just a great mix of 90's Hip-Hop tho' it also has some new skool on it as well. The amazing thing is that Jeff compiled and mixed this stuff that u can't really tell a difference in when these trax were recorded. The mix just seems like it waz meant 2 be this way.

Dope stuff. I'm gonna have 2 get the double disc version sometime when i find it. I need one copy 4 da crib and one 4 da ride. Jeff mentions "Big Will" in the Thank U's.

What up y'all I bought the CD on Sunday at Sam Goody's and I enjoy it a lot even though I heard all these songs before,when Jazzy Jeff's mixing them, they sound even better! His scratch is always lethal! :dj: :bowdown: :peace:

It's also hearing a mixtape that isn't filled with music that sux. Mixtapes these days are usually a collection of the most talent-lacking people in Hip-Hop. Jeff fills it up with good music. Jeff also dosen't overdue the DJing. He mixes, blends, and scratches stuff tastefully. Some DJs sample the same bar like 20 times in a row and make think 2 yourself "move on...i've heard u play that line 100 times back 2 back"...Jeff just keeps moving on and dosen't destroy the songs. Lastly, i like the way he occasionally tags the mix with his signature "he's jazzy jazzy jazzy..." rather than obnoxiously screaming every few seconds over the mix.

Bottomline, this is what mixtapes are meant 2 be like...this is what current so-called DJs have forgotten about. The kinda mixtape where u play good music and no try 2 steal all the shine. Go on Jeff...skool these new skool fools.

:werd: Funkmaster Flex is a good DJ but he talks too much over the record, Jazzy Jeff lets the music speak for itself like a real DJ should! :dj: :rock:

Guest Prince
[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Apr 27 2004, 02:51 PM]Go on Jeff...skool these new skool fools.[/quote]
Couldn't agree with you more there!

Sounds a good buy (as always), will have to look out for it. :peace:

• Admin
i picked this up today on vinyl... i gotta say..its dope!!! :rock: :rock: i dont own any of the traxs ..yet they are all dope.. and they fit in with jeffs vibe :werd: definitely every1 needs to get this :poke: