Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Album out this week

Hero1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Prince
[quote=Wild Child,Apr 20 2004, 09:39 PM]what do you mean album out this week?

I will tell you my review soon[/quote]
Haha, Wild Child. You ask Hero1 what he meant, then contradicted yourself by saying you would review it soon haha. :poke: :dancingcool:

Oh btw, for someone who hasn't been paying much attention to album news etc, I assume this is a mixtape?

Guest MIX PROFESSOR
:dj: :eek4: -ARE YOU SURE IT CAME OUT TODAY BECAUSE I WENT TO ABOUT
4 STORES AND IT WAS NOT ON THE SHELVES . I HOPE THIS SAINT ANOTHER SHAM??

MIX PROFESSOR

• Admin
[quote=MIX PROFESSOR,Apr 20 2004, 06:54 PM]:dj: :eek4: -ARE YOU SURE IT CAME OUT TODAY BECAUSE I WENT TO ABOUT
4 STORES AND IT WAS NOT ON THE SHELVES . I HOPE THIS SAINT ANOTHER SHAM??

MIX PROFESSOR[/quote]
hey mix professor bbe aint very good at distribution and there has been very little promotion for this album... i think your best bet is to order it online.. im gonna get the limited edition from amazon.com

for those that dont know..jazzy jeff has a new mix cd coming out today..where he scratches and cuts up a variety of hip hop traxs..if any1 has heard the vibe im on..they know this is a must get

• Admin
DJ Jazzy Jeff
Hip-Hop Forever II (BBE/Rapstar)
Whenever you get East Coast producers as hot as DJ Premier, Large Professor, Pete Rock and the The Rza on one album, you know it’s going to be tight; hardcore, hip-hop in the purest contemporary sense. This album is loaded with real classic New York and Philly hip-hop from the early ’90s to today. Several of these tracks – Raekwon’s Ice Cream, Blahzay Blahzay’s Danger, O.C.’s Time’s Up, Gang Starr’s Words I Manifest, Electric Relaxation by A Tribe Called Quest and Live At The Bar-B-Q by Main Source – are endorsed by hip-hop connoisseurs as certified, underground hallmarks. These are the tracks that modernised hip-hop, bringing a richer, fuller sound to the table with more musicality and seductive basslines, and a greater lyrical depth to the microphone. For anyone who’s a fan of solid East Coast hip hop, this pretty much says it all. 4.5/5

I had 2 work 2day and only got 2 check on music store and couldn't find it. I'm gonna look 2morrow b4 my rehearsal and probably drive 2 the next town 2 see if i can find it there...i'll get it online this weekend if i can't find it.

Guest MIX PROFESSOR
:afro: - thanks hero- good looking,i may just take a special trip out to philly real quick to pick it up because i know for dam sure it is there.

I fell you on what you said concerning JEFF'S " THE VIBE I'M ON" mix cd-it is one of my favorite cd's to rock though i have to find someone who has the complete version because mine cuts off rite after "THEY REMINISCE OVER YOU". STILL, IT IS A DOPE CD!!!!

MIX PROFESSOR

I picked up a copy yesterday, one thing to point out how ace it is, was the fact its two discs with prodominantley the same tracks on. One thats mixed by Jeff & one thats just the tracks on there own un changed whihc is great. Cos obviously we want to hear Jeff's stuff on them but its also cool to own the originals.

Its a great blend of modern day hiphop, modern day as in 90's onwards.
Atleast this shows us rap isn't dead.

Jeff also has his thankyou's in the booklet which is always cool to read.

Kev

Guest MIX PROFESSOR
:dancingcool: - OK GOD WAS SHINING ON ME TODAY. I GOT MY COPY AT FYE NEAR MY JOB.THOUGH I DID NOT GET AN EXTRA DISC INSIDE THE CD(MAY HAVE TO GET THE VINYL VERSION AS WELL-2 COPIES OF THOSE TO GET THE SONGS ON THEIR OWN), I DID GET A BONUS DISC WITH A NEW SINGLE FROM PETE ROCK'S UPCOMING
"SOUL SURVIVOR 2" ALBUM/CD COMING OUT IN EARLY MAY. THE SINGLE ENTITLED
"WARZONE" IS NICE. UPBEAT CUT WITH DEADPREZ ON IT. PETE LOOPED THE THEME FROM THE OLD T.V. SERIES "INCREDIBLE HULK" WITH LOU FERRIGNO AND ADDED THE DRUMS FROM BIG DADDY KANE'S "WRATH OF KANE" ALONG WITH ANOTHER DRUM BEAT.

IT SEEMS LIKE PETE IS COMING FOR US WITH THE FUNK. CAN'T WAIT TILL THE SOUL SURVIVOR 2 JOINT DROPS.

OK MY REVIEW OF THE HIP HOP FOREVER II MIX CD GOES AS FOLLOWS:

JEFF IS ONE OF THE FEW DJ'S THAT I LOOK FORWARD TO BUYING HIS STUFF OR SEEING HIM PERFORM IN PERSON. THIS MIX CD IS DEFINTELY ONE TO BUMP IN THE WALK MAN AND IN THE CAR. OR AROUND YOUR FRIENDS WHEN HANGING OUT.
JEFF DOES THE USUAL AND JUGGLES,CUTS, AND BLENDS THE RECORDS WITH EASE AND FUNKINESS. IF YOU NEVER SEEN HIM LIVE THEN THIS MIX CD GIVES YOU AN IDEA HOW HE GETS DOWN.ALTHOUGH IT FELT SHORT AS FAR AS LENGTH OF TIME OF THE WHOLE CD ITSELF, IT IS A DELIGHT TO LISTEN TO.

NOW I MUST ADMIT THAT HIS "THE VIBE I'M ON " CD IS STILL BETTER,NEVERTHELESS THIS IS A CD TO ADD TO YOUR COLLECETION AS JEFF TAKES US ON A JOURNEY THRU HIS PICKS ( AND HOPEFULLY YOUR FAVORITES AS WELL) WITHOUT MISSING A BEAT.

CONGRADULATIONS JEFF, YOU ARE DEFINETELY DOING IT. CAN'T STOP,WON'T STOP!!!!!

:dj:

• Admin
thanx for the review mix professor.. :rock: i thought it wouldnt have been as good as the vibe im on..because this one is an official release.. bbe would have had to pay for all the traxs jeff uses..so i imagine he couldnt choose all the traxs he wanted cause it would have cost 2 much..so it looks more like an underground/over looked traxs type mix