JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

106+PARK: FREESTYLE FRIDAY

JumpinJack AJ

I don't watch 106+Park on a regular basis, i try 2 catch the re-runs in the morning when i'm checkin' e-mail, but i'm always hyped 2 see Freestyle Friday. For those of u who don't get BET or watch the show, every Friday, they bring on 2 unsigned emcees and rappers 2 spit 2 rounds against each other. One of them wins and goes on2 next week. Recently they had a guy Sonny, who had what it takes. Dope lyrics, flow, voice, the whole package, had 2 retire for winning 7 weeks in a row. He has this overall down-2-earth vibe that stood out as weel. Well, as he won that last time, Jermaine Dupri walked out on stage, said he wanted 2 sign him 2 So So Def and put a big blinged out So So Def chain around his neck. It waz the coolest thing i've ever seen. It's definitly a big sign of inspiration 4 us unsigned artists.

JD went on 2 talk about how he followed Sonny's rhymes and waz very impressed and that he wanted 2 blow him up. Free then gave JD props for moving over 2 Virgin where he took So So Def and now serves as the President of the Urban Department. Free made JD stick around a lil' longer where she made him take off his hat cuz she heard he cut his hair...and sure enuff, he shaved he head. He then talked about So So Def bringing out a bunch of new artists and that he's starting So So Def Entertainment with a new show called Welcome To Atlanta which will focus on the ATL music scene with artists like Usher, Ciara, Lil' Jon, and so on. She asked him about Janet and he said everything waz great there. Lastely, he said that Bow Wow's next album is gonna be "stupid" and that the 1st single is gonna featuring him w/ Ciara. Jagged Edge is also working on a new album with him which is promises will be dope. He also said he worked on Mariah Carey's new single...which i've heard and i LOVE it.

I usually try watching 106&Park Fridays to see "Freestyle Friday", there's always a lot of mcs there reppin' 'Jersey, there's some great battles. I like the article that vibe did on JD a few months ago, where he says that his idols growing up that inspired to be an artist were Michael Jackson and Teddy Riley. JD always seems like a humble guy in the hip-hop game that's always reaching out to find new talent. :thumb: