JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NBA Playoffs

bigted

Is anyone gonna watch the NBA Playoffs this weekend? I couldn't believe it that there's actually gonna be some competitve games this year! That Shaq/Yao matchup is gonna be def, but Yao might need his coach Ewing to suit up in order to stop Shaq, 'cause he's still holdin' it down. Believe it or not, Ewing's old team, the Knicks will beat the Nets in 7 games, so don't get hyped Nets fans, enjoy this series while you can. Your team will be watching the rest of the playoffs like everyone else before May.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my favorite team is the Bulls who didn't make the playoffs again but I'mma stay loyal to them, they would of made the playoffs this year if Pippen was healthy, I hope he doesn't retire 'cause he plays hard. I always like watching NBA games 'cause B-Ball's the ultimate game, you n'ah mean. Who's your team?

i'm glad to hear you are a bulls fan because i'm a huge fan of jordan but after he retired i don't have a favorite team but i'll always love the bulls more than others and i was very happy when pippen came back... to bad he got injured :tear:

by the way, i'm quite sure pippen announced his retirement a couple of months ago when he realized the injury is to bad.

• Members
I'll be watchin the playoffs! I think Im rooting for Indiana this year. Reggie deserves it. Ron Artest and Jemaine O'neal are really good... I think that the Dallas/Sacramento battle will be good. The T-wolves have a chance as well.

[quote=jj,fp2004+Apr 18 2004, 10:22 AM]i'm glad to hear you are a bulls fan because i'm a huge fan of jordan but after he retired i don't have a favorite team but i'll always love the bulls more than others and i was very happy when pippen came back... to bad he got injured  :tear:

by the way, i'm quite sure pippen announced his retirement a couple of months ago when he realized the injury is to bad.[/quote]
:werd: Jordan and Pippen were the JJFP of the NBA, they're not the same without each other. Pippen gets overlooked by Jordan's personna like Jazzy Jeff gets overlooked by Will Smith's popularity. Jordan was a legend but he couldn't lead the Wizards to the playoffs 'cause he needed Pippen and Pippen made the playoffs every year of his career until this year('cause he was injured)but never won a ring without Jordan. I would also say the main reason why "Born 2 Reign" wasn't popular was 'cause Jazzy Jeff wasn't on the album. I would like to see Jazzy Jeff go platinum wit one of his mixtapes and Pippen win a ring without Jordan so they would get the respect they deserve, but they don't care 'cause they like to give back to the young'eons in the game. When Pip retires, he should be the Bulls coach and lead 'em back to the promised land! It could happen 'cause the Eastern Conference is weaker than when Jordan and Pip were on the Bulls. The Bulls always beat da Knicks in the '90s, but the '90s Knicks would have been to the finals every year in this decade, 'cause these teams are terrible, Ewing and Reggie would have had rings by now if they were in their prime now. Edited by bigted

you're so right bigted... i also think jordan and pipen together are undisputed!!
i'm crazy about them!!! when scottie was in portland i wanted them to take the championship but scottie had alot of injurys, if pip was in shape he could have taken a championship with the blazers because stoudmire was his substitute and he's an idiot.
when i played NBA live 2003 i transfered pip to the wizards so i could play with him and jordan... :bowdown:

i also think indiana will go all the way this year and i hope they will because i like miller...

I would like to see Reggie Miller win a title, if I had it my way, it would be the Rockets vs. Pacers in the Finals, that way either Reggie(Pacers) or Mark Jackson ( Rockets) will win a title before they hang up their sneaks. Mark Jackson's been in the NBA since LL Cool J signed to Def Jam! Another Brooklyn point guard Stephon Marbury deserves to beat J. Kidd 'cause when it's all said and done Marbury will go to the hall of fame like Mark Jackson. Yo JJ+FP 2004, I still play NBA Live 2003 'cause that game has a lot of ol' school players in it. I have Shaq,Magic, and Wilt on the Lakers, I put Larry Bird on the Celtics, Patrick Ewing and John Starks are back on the Knicks, Dominique Wilkins and Spud Webb(I re-created him) are back on the Hawks,Hakeem returns to the Rockets, and I even put Will Smith on the Sixers at PF! But I have the Bulls return to the promiseland wit this lineup:Big Ted(Iput myself at Starting C at 7'2, even though in reality I'm only 5'10),Antonia Davis, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Mark Jackson as my starters. I have a deep bench:Charles Oakley(he plays tough D), Mugsy Bogues(I re-created him and he's annoying taller guys again),Rober Parish(he's dunkin' at 50 yrs. old), Steve Kerr,Steve Smith, Eddy Curry, Tyson Chandler, Jamal Crawford, Jerome Williams, and Nasir Jones(I put Nas in the game too as backup PF). I love to play one-on-one in that game having Jordan go against Dominique or Kobe or me go against Ewing or Shaq. Edited by bigted

Mark Jackson and Reggie Miller are very deserving of a ring, but I want Malone to get it. Out of those three he's been the closest to getting one, but couldn't get it because of his Airness, twice. So close to retirement, he's not even sure if he'll come back to chase the all time points title, having a ring would definitely be a good ending. I don't play Live that much, I like the 2k series, but I like to use the 90's All Stars and just beat on everyone.

Karl Malone looked pretty strong last night, I think that even if he wins the ring this year he should keep on playing until he breaks Kareem's record, even if that means that he has to go to another team to be the go to guy,'cause he's still capable of scoring at least 20 a game if he had the ball enough. I would be happy to see him go to the Bulls next year, if that happens Pippen won't retire and who knows maybe Jordan will come back and it'll be a dream team reunion! And the Knicks should give Mutombo more playing time so he could stuff the crap out of the Nets, who were pretty stupid to not play him last year enough against Duncan and Robinson and they were even dumber to release him in the offseason. If Mutombo plays it doesn't matter how many guys on the Knicks are hurt 'cause it's not like Mourning's gonna make a comeback for the Nets to win, the Nets are vulnerable.

• Members
[quote=FrshPrnceCharmng,Apr 20 2004, 04:19 PM]I still need to see Mutumbo reject a shot and then do that little "Not in my House" finger wag. How many years has he been in the league?[/quote]
Mutombo has been in the NBA since 91', so that would make it 13 years.... Just thought id answer ur question...