JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will dissing Eminem?

*mimi*

I already know how G Unit and D12 are the kings of hip-hop popularity, but that doesn't mean that they're the most respected in the hip-hop game and I think having repect is worth more than anything, I don't understand why anyone would wanna go after Will Smith, he's the most peaceful cat in the hip-hop industry and tries to get along with everybody, but it seems when you're nice people try to walk on you, so it's time for him to set these haters straight, btw, this isn't about winning over ignorant fans, it's 'bout waking them up and giving them intelligence to know that there's a whole bunch of artists that have more skills and talent than those ignorant fools they worship do and if that can't happen so be it, at least at the end of the day Will would have more respect for dissing Eminem like KRS-ONE has by hardcore hip-hop heads for dissing Nelly. Like KRS-ONE said before: "Mcs are just hopeless, thinking record sales make them the dopest"

If G Unit and D12 all gang up to diss FP please believe that legends like Chuck D, KRS-ONE, and LL will have his back if necessary, it's time for the real legends to shine again! :ali:

Edited by bigted

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already know how G Unit and D12 are the kings of hip-hop popularity, but that doesn't mean that they're the most respected in the hip-hop game and I think having repect is worth more than anything, I don't understand why anyone would wanna go after Will Smith, he's the most peaceful cat in the hip-hop industry and tries to get along with everybody, but it seems when you're nice people try to walk on you, so it's time for him to set these haters straight, btw, this isn't about winning over ignorant fans, it's 'bout waking them up and giving them intelligence to know that there's a whole bunch of artists that have more skills and talent than those ignorant fools they worship do and if that can't happen so be it, at least at the end of the day Will would have more respect for dissing Eminem like KRS-ONE has by hardcore hip-hop heads for dissing Nelly. Like KRS-ONE said before: "Mcs are just hopeless, thinking record sales make them the dopest"

If G Unit and D12 all gang up to diss FP please believe that legends like Chuck D, KRS-ONE, and LL will have his back if necessary, it's time for the real legends to shine again! :ali:

The man has spoken.

:bowdown: :clap:

FP has opened doors 4 nearly everyone in Hip-Hop, and those that were already open, he opened wider. Whether people or other artists like him or not, they need 2 be grateful 4 what he's done. Jealous haters attack him 4 being a positive person. But those same people embrace negative things and FP dosen't call them out by name. He'll address what he dosen't agree with, but he never singles out a certain person. It's all about class. FP has got it...not many others do.

FP has opened doors 4 nearly everyone in Hip-Hop, and those that were already open, he opened wider. Whether people or other artists like him or not, they need 2 be grateful 4 what he's done. Jealous haters attack him 4 being a positive person. But those same people embrace negative things and FP dosen't call them out by name. He'll address what he dosen't agree with, but he never singles out a certain person. It's all about class. FP has got it...not many others do.

u guys this isn't about legacy. It's about now. I don't think Eminem should be anywhere near as popular as he is, but that's life. Ted said that if Eminem goes after Will, legends will defend him. Will they really? I know Will is respected by the originals in the rap game, but when Eminem went after Will with that dumb line in the Real Slim Shady, no one said anything to come to his defense. Maybe one or two ppl I may have missed. But the saddest part of all is that i know most of the rappers out there probably hate Eminem or don't like his music, yet they kiss his ass. I commend Will for having enuff balls to go after Eminem unlike most rappers out there, But i still don' think it's necessary. The public has responded in sales and i don't want Eminem (possibly) hurting Will's image in rap. All the ignorant b-boy wannabes are gonna ride with Eminem. And that's a huge population out there. I'm tired of ppl saying Will is wack just b/c Eminem said so. That's why, i think Will should just leave it. It's over, and we don't need a new thing to bring more attention to Eminem. If u want him to lose popularity, better to leave him out of the picture. Otherwise, he'll heep comin back.

:lolsign: I just read this whole inane topic message board and ppl definately somehow went from, "Hey, Will might have a word or two for Eminem on his new album," to debating this concept of a crazy, massive rap battle between the commercial-new-school and the true-to-the-game-old-school.

Sometimes I think every1 really needs to chill on the "Will doesn't get his respect" thing. Yeah there are the hatersssssssssss, but all in all, ppl who know rap know Will does his thing.

As for Slim, he has undeniably written some quality, passionate rhymes-- granted he's had some pretty lame stuff too (especially recently). So once upon a time he knocked Will. Whatever. The guy's taken a crap on pretty much every1 out there @ one pt or another-- I'm sure Will's over it. We are talking about a guy who once got in a confrontation w/ a sock puppet at the MTV Music Video Awards, after all.

In any case, if Will takes a shot or makes a joke at Em's expense, fine. But I don't think this is some type of earth-shattering development or whatever.

:ahoy: (someday, I'll run out of random smileys to end my msgs with...)

Edited by scyhigh99

I didn't forget 2Pac, but he and Will can't battle 'cause 2Pac's dead, that'd been another tight battle too, I was talking about mcs that're living right now, back in the days hip-hop battles were more fun where the mcs respected each other, these days there's too much hate involved in most of them(except for the Nas/Jay-Z battle, they both always respected each other). Eminem shouldn't diss Will but respect him 'cause Eminem wouldn't be out there if Will didn't help hip-hop crossover.

Exactly!!! :thumb: :ditto:

I found this on the D12 board!! I wanted to see what they were saying about this! Most people over there are saying Will would kill Em in a battle!! They also say that any Will Smith album is better then encore!! Someone made a pictures wich i thought was funny!! Here it is!

Oh and here's the link to the topic on the D12 board!!

D-12 Board On Will Smith

post-3-1107602279.gif