JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will dissing Eminem?

*mimi*

really will don't wanna start beef with em, 'cause let's face it, the whole world is on the side of the aftermath/shady family and with all their beefs against other rap acts...

Come on man, anybody could beat Benzino and Ja Rule, they're the worst mcs to ever step on the mic, but I don't think anybody could beat Will Smith except maybe LL, Rakim,Chuck D, or KRS-ONE(even those battles would be tight), they don't wanna beef with Will, he may have a clean cut image and hasn't beefed, but with his intelligence and his skills, he could destroy any mainstream rapper out now, they're a bunch of phonies! :ali: Will Smith sets the trends, everyone else is just following trends!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't forget 2Pac, but he and Will can't battle 'cause 2Pac's dead, that'd been another tight battle too, I was talking about mcs that're living right now, back in the days hip-hop battles were more fun where the mcs respected each other, these days there's too much hate involved in most of them(except for the Nas/Jay-Z battle, they both always respected each other). Eminem shouldn't diss Will but respect him 'cause Eminem wouldn't be out there if Will didn't help hip-hop crossover.

Edited by bigted

nah em wont kill will, people would really hate to see that beef

Will Smith: one of the most famous/richest actors in the world, loved by everyone

Eminem: love him or hate him, got to respect him 4 what he done for his game, for his commercail style....but is also loved by millions,

Everybody loves Will Smith?... I dont think so.

nah em wont kill will, people would really hate to see that beef

Will Smith: one of the most famous/richest actors in the world, loved by everyone

Eminem: love him or hate him, got to respect him 4 what he done for his game, for his commercail style....but is also loved by millions,

Everybody loves Will Smith?... I dont think so.

I've heard will on an interwiew saying that eminiem does his own thing and that ppl will forget him in a feew years.

But Will, Will will be always here.

whoa calm down ppl... i didn't know ya'll would get this excited and overreact, or I wouldn't have posted it here. First of all let me give u guys some facts. Not opinions. When 50Cent dissed JaRule, Ja's career went south. When Benzino came out against Eminem, most ppl thought Benzino lost that battle. (well Benzino is wack, but still). Right now, like it or not, Shady/Aftermath and G-Unit is running the rap game. Under G-Unit, 50Cent, Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, and their group CD all went platinum. Game is looking certain to cross the platinum mark next week. I don't care if u guys think they're "wack", and that's your opinion. However, they are running things now in terms of popularity and sales. We're not talking about skills here. As much as I would like Will to go after Eminem, the typical, white, no-nothing about rap boys are going to represent in sales on Eminem's side. Ppl who appreciate rap as an art and are tired of Eminem's white ass are gonna go for Will (as evident in here and the allhiphop topic). I don't want Will's career possibly damaged by Eminem or any of the Shady/Aftermath crew. Rap beefs get dirty, and if Will makes a remark, it won't just include him. They'll bring in his family, fans, etc. I personally don't see why you're all soooo excited when I see possible reprecussions. I think this little remark is past and Will does not need to bring in more haters by addressing an old thing. So far, the G-unit camp is cool with Will and has shown nothing but respect for him, but if Will brings up Eminem again, that'll turn the G-unit camp into unnecessary haters.

really will don't wanna start beef with em, 'cause let's face it, the whole world is on the side of the aftermath/shady family and with all their beefs against other rap acts...

Come on man, anybody could beat Benzino and Ja Rule, they're the worst mcs to ever step on the mic, but I don't think anybody could beat Will Smith except maybe LL, Rakim,Chuck D, or KRS-ONE(even those battles would be tight), they don't wanna beef with Will, he may have a clean cut image and hasn't beefed, but with his intelligence and his skills, he could destroy any mainstream rapper out now, they're a bunch of phonies! :ali: Will Smith sets the trends, everyone else is just following trends!

okay i'm letting Benzino go b/c he was never popular or good in the first place. Ja Rule sucks, but if u don't remember, before there was 50, Ja was immensely popular. Because of 50, Jas fans all flocked away. This isn't based on lyrical talent. Most of young America doesn't buy into that. U need to recognize fun music is what most people are into in mainstream America. Ja was the guy who gave that, now it's 50 who took away Ja's popularity.

I know this isnt the type of thing Will does and he was big enough to let the comment go in the first place but.......nice one Will! ive been waiting for this ever since the real slim shady, ive never let those comments go.

I really hope the tables turn and ppl realise how dumb they were for liking em in the first place.

I dont think Will should do a whole track but just a little dig to make its obvious its to him, we dont want things to get out of hand, however it could be good publicity for lost and found!

Go Will :switch:

... So far, the G-unit camp is cool with Will and has shown nothing but respect for him...

I personally never heard them say one nice thing about Will, I personally don't think Will should be afraid of dissin' Eminem, all Eminem would do is prove how immature he is by making a diss song cursin' every 5 seconds, and Will would have too many punchlines for Eminem to come back with a relevant diss, I think it'd be great if Will could knock Eminem out of popularity for many reasons, the main one would be that true mcs like Talib Kweli could start getting some better sales, KRS-ONE dissed Nelly bad a couple years ago but KRS-ONE's not a popular mc so Nelly's still survivin' but if Will dissed Eminem as bad, Eminem's popularity won't be standing anymore 'cause Will's power of being a household name would help. :ali: Eminem thinks he could go around and diss everyone like he's some sort of musical god that can't be stopped, he's egotistical, what gives him the right to diss legends like Will Smith and Michael Jackson? :nhawong: Somebody has to put Eminem in his place 'cause he doesn't deserve to be so popular acting so disrespectful, you gotta respect the cats that paved the way for you!

Edited by bigted

• Admin

i would say the majority of eminem fans dont even know what will has done for hip hop..too many ignorant people like dissing will and they dont even know what they are talking about..Fresh Prince is respected by legends in the game run dmc, public enemy, epmd, whodini, ll cool j etc etc.. if will does a track that drops some knowledge on the haters i applaud him

Fresh Prince is respected by legends in the game run dmc, public enemy, epmd, whodini, ll cool j etc etc.. if will does a track that drops some knowledge on the haters i applaud him

Yeah, the legends of hip-hop(including 2Pac when he was alive) respect FP, if they battled it'd be for fun at a hip-hop show, he's been in the game for too many years for someone to come along and just knock him out, that's a joke, it's also messed up that hip-hop radio stations don't play any of the classic JJFP tracks, if it wasn't for them, there wouldn't be any hip-hop radio stations, but instead they play Jay-Z, Eminem, 50 Cent like they're rap gods! :nhawong:

... So far, the G-unit camp is cool with Will and has shown nothing but respect for him...

I personally never heard them say one nice thing about Will, I personally don't think Will should be afraid of dissin' Eminem, all Eminem would do is prove how immature he is by making a diss song cursin' every 5 seconds, and Will would have too many punchlines for Eminem to come back with a relevant diss, I think it'd be great if Will could knock Eminem out of popularity for many reasons, the main one would be that true mcs like Talib Kweli could start getting some better sales, KRS-ONE dissed Nelly bad a couple years ago but KRS-ONE's not a popular mc so Nelly's still survivin' but if Will dissed Eminem as bad, Eminem's popularity won't be standing anymore 'cause Will's power of being a household name would help. :ali: Eminem thinks he could go around and diss everyone like he's some sort of musical god that can't be stopped, he's egotistical, what gives him the right to diss legends like Will Smith and Michael Jackson? :nhawong: Somebody has to put Eminem in his place 'cause he doesn't deserve to be so popular acting so disrespectful, you gotta respect the cats that paved the way for you!

okay, maybe u haven't but G-Unit has done nothing to diss him. They could easily diss him to try and keep their thug image but they haven't. Sorry but most of ya'll seem to be living in a fantasy world. As much as You and I would LOVE to have Eminem drop out, he has TONS of fans. He's still in the top 5 on billboard. We don't like that but it's reality. Majority of people don't know real rap, I'm afraid that ignorant rap ppl will flock to Eminem's side. I doubt this is true though, i'm not that excited about it, plus, Eminem will most likely not respond anymore since his status with blacks aren't too good after the racist tapes. Eminem hasn't responded to the diss song Benzino has come out with recently, and of course if he goes after Will (who blacks love and are proud of) he will get massacred by his black fans or blacks in general. Still, I'm stating the truth and the truth hurts. Eminem and G-Unit ARE THE MOST POPULAR IN THE RAP GAME AT THIS MOMENT WHETHER U LIKE IT OR NOT. Got it?? Not saying u or I gotta like it, but that is the harsh truth.

Edited by *mimi*

• Admin

yep they certainly sell a lot of records but as Will says on uuhhh

Come one, come all come any

Watch me take there hard a way like Penny

I can take twelve rappers and put em in line

Then twelve emcees that think they can rhyme

Then twelve more brothers that still ain't signed

Then, don't do nuthin, just watch em decline

Gangsta hardcore menace to society

Rap's all the same my pen spits variety