JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rate Switch(listen to it @ willsmith.com)

Hero1

how do you rate switch?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. how do you rate switch?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YO PPL, I have to change my opinion! Switch is really dope. Just pumped up the bass on my stereo and increased the volume!

I can feel it!!! :rock:

Forget what i said about it :kekeke:

i said i could take a time to break through.

I think I had a bad day today...

JJFP Rocks The House

• Admin

it seems to me the people that dont like the track dont like it because they wanted something else :werd: look you cant be expecting something from an artist you need to come in with an open mind..go with me on this analogy..you may have wanted chocolate ice cream but wills given you vanilla ice cream..but this is the best vanilla ice cream ever so you should enjoy it!! if you want a brand new funk or summertime from will you will never be pleased with what will releases.. this is one of the best dance/club tracks ive heard in years.. now as for the music video i love it... its about time will came with a raw video showcasing him as the 20 year ol skool veteran emcee..i think its fantastic we are not seeing the will smith hollywood movie star in the million dollar flashy video, with a columbia/sony trackmasters pop rap song!!!! :werd: thats how will is really like in the video so well down to Will for keeping it real :bowdown: and i guess an 80% abvove 8 proves you guys in the minority.. this is gonna be a worldwide smash just like boom! shake the room..

it seems to me the people that dont like the track dont like it because they wanted something else :werd: look you cant be expecting something from an artist you need to come in with an open mind..go with me on this analogy..you may have wanted chocolate ice cream but wills given you vanilla ice cream..but this is the best vanilla ice cream ever so you should enjoy it!! if you want a brand new funk or summertime from will you will never be pleased with what will releases.. this is one of the best dance/club tracks ive heard in years.. now as for the music video i love it... its about time will came with a raw video showcasing him as the 20 year ol skool veteran emcee..i think its fantastic we are not seeing the will smith hollywood movie star in the million dollar flashy video, with a columbia/sony trackmasters pop rap song!!!! :werd: thats how will is really like in the video so well down to Will for keeping it real :bowdown: and i guess an 80% abvove 8 proves you guys in the minority.. this is gonna be a worldwide smash just like boom! shake the room..

I want a BNF or Summertime, and maybe you're right, maybe I will never be pleased with what Will does.

And no, I dont think this one will get as big as Boom shake the room. Hmm.. where can I find a thread about Nod Ya Head when it was new... would be interesting to see what you thought back then...

• Admin

oh so now your not content with not liking the song you are saying its not gonna be a hit..and i thought this was a will smith FAN community :nhawong: underestimate Will at your own peril!!!! :nono:

"if you cant say nothin nice..dont say nothin"

• Members

I don't think people are underestimating Will. As fans, we all want Will to succeed in his music and movies. I think some people on the board are just being more realistic than others. With regard to the repeat references to Boom Shake the Room, Will has said in interviews that that song is the wackest he's ever done. The video for Switch does greatly enhance the song and I'm glad he moved away from the flashy Wild Wild West type stuff.

Switch has the capabilites of being a huge commercial success

SINGALONGABLE (If that is a word)

DANCEABLE (Can't resist that beat expecially in a club it'll be huge)

ACCSEABLE (Its not hard to pick up is it, Nodding along already aren't ya)

VIDEO (Nothing to flashy but a solid classy video that people wil wanna see more than once)

LAYERS OF EFFECTS (Those little touches of siren type scracthes and effects make this different to other tracks out there right now)

Switch is very different to what Will has done in the past but thats good. He cant keep doin summertime songs, he cant get stuck in the 90's. Music has changed and Will had to change with it, but he has still kept his style and his morals.

This is the first album in ages that has the first single that has nothin to do with a movie. Other rappers have nothin bad to say about this track ,its not pop or weak, but it pleases the fans (well most of them).

Just wait i think this could possibly get to number 1 in the UK.

oh so now your not content with not liking the song you are saying its not gonna be a hit..and i thought this was a will smith FAN community :nhawong: underestimate Will at your own peril!!!! :nono:

It seems like you think people hate Will Smith just because they dont like some of his recent songs. Why cant you just accept that everybody doesnt like exactly the stuff you like?

oh so now your not content with not liking the song you are saying its not gonna be a hit..and i thought this was a will smith FAN community  :nhawong: underestimate Will at your own peril!!!!  :nono:

It seems like you think people hate Will Smith just because they dont like some of his recent songs. Why cant you just accept that everybody doesnt like exactly the stuff you like?

coz it worries me that if Wills own fans dont like the track, how is the rest of the world gonna like it.