JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rate Switch(listen to it @ willsmith.com)

Hero1

how do you rate switch?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. how do you rate switch?

Even tho' there are some skips in the track....i burned it on CD 4 my car. I already like it more since i've heard it in the stereo and not on my computer. I like the way Wes put that....i like the song, but i'm still craving something more. Like i said, i think i just need a straight up Hip-Hop track.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a Single remember so that doesn't always mean an artists best work, and AJ you know your gonna get what you want from Will on the album with the straight up Hip-Hop so i know your not worried at all :thumb:

I really like this song as a single, i gave it an 8 and as far as first day listens go its my fave Will Smith single for that amount of time for it o grow on me. Its definately gonna be a big hit if promoted correctly.

Its definately gonna be a big hit if promoted correctly.

yeah you're right on that!! If it's promoted correctly it will be a hit!! I'm just a fraid it won't get much promotion...if you look at the new official site, it's all about his movies...and Switch ain't even on the radio yet!! I really want this single to be huge and his album also...see we need to promote it!!

Its definately not a classic, but its his best single of this century. Its sounds really different from the other stuff he's done.

And like AJ said, its not a straight hiphop track. I think the oldskool flava is missing in that song and of course Jeff. I was so hyped by the return of JJFP, and now such a song. Don't missunderstand me, the track is really great and better than all the B2R stuff, but Jeff is missing. My friend was really upset when he heard that Jeff won't be on the track.

Its a great track, but Will can do it better. :rock:

JJFP Rocks The House

i gave it a 9! I love this song!! But it ain't a classic...but it is his best single ever...!!! Except for summertime..!!

:werd: ...plus "Parents Just Don't Understand", "Brand New Funk", and "Girls Ain't Nothin' But Trouble", I don't think any single could top those songs, it's hard to top yourself when you're a great artist, no matter how much FP does he'll be known mostly for those songs he did earlier in his career, at least he should be. :ditto: It's like that with LL Cool J, KRS-ONE, and Public Enemy too, they stay consistant but they're more known for earlier songs that they did when they started. I think that the track is straight hip-hop for the '05 to bring FP back on the scene, I can't think of any song out now in the mainstream that I like better than this one already, if this song doesn't get you pumped up, you must be dead. Who knows this could be one of the weaker tracks on the album, that's how great this album could be and that's why I'm excited! :switch: Most songs that get airplay on the radio I'd give a 5 rating at best, except for a couple that I like, 2004 was the arguably the worst year in hip-hop but with JJFP comin' back in the '05, they could bring more life to hip-hop, this is the equilvalent of Michael Jordan comin' back to the NBA.

Edited by bigted

• Members

at the moment i think it sounds like a weaker version of ll cool j's 'headsprung'

But I'm still picking up both CD singles when its released :switch:

after watching the low budget video it feels like interscope doesn't have a lot of faith in this project.

Edited by lilkimzone

I wouldn't say its a low budget video, Its just not as full on as Will's older stuff

If Interscope wern't bothered about Will they would have not signed him in the first place.

I think the video is fine. and the more natural the better for this song

at the moment i think it sounds like a weaker version of ll cool j's 'headsprung'

But I'm still picking up both CD singles when its released :switch:

after watching the low budget video it feels like interscope doesn't have a lot of faith in this project.

Hip-hop ain't all about flashy videos, you don't have to spend a million dollars to make a great video, most of those videos are boring to me, 'cause it's the same thing you see over and over again, it's cool that Will's doing something different. I actually like this song better than when I heard "Headsprung" the 1st time and I think that song wasn't one of my favorites on LL's "The Definition", just like I don't consider "Thief's theme" one of my favorites on Nas' "Street's Disciple", most of the times I consider singles the worst songs on a great mc's album, if you're a weak commercial mc the single's the best thing you have to offer, I like listening to albums more than singles, that's my preference, I think you're a better artist when you could put together a great album rather than just a great single, when it comes to JJFP/Big Will albums, it's like a great novel, rather than one good chapter in a boring book.

I hope Switch is one of his weakest trax, man, i'm already bored of the track. Headsprung is alot better than Switch :werd:

The Vid is dope. But can't listen to it anymore. That "heeeey" makes me really crazy man. I can't feel that song, sorry! :dunno: Its just a disco banger and nothing more. at the same level as the other stuff out right now.

Its more like a "sell out" single and to get on the top of the charts. Kwame really messed up the beat. :sad6: I can't really dance to it.

I'm just listening to Brand New Funk. I hope there will be a few trax like that on the album. I think the first moments of fascination that theres a new Will record got me hyped, but now after listening to it the whole day, it got boring. Not like I'm looking for the one or other classic JJFP trax. I'm still feeling them for years now. But switch is just a dissapointment.

I hope that you won't hate me now. :dunno:

JJFP Rocks The House

• Members

Hip-hop ain't all about flashy videos, you don't have to spend a million dollars to make a great video, most of those videos are boring to me, 'cause it's the same thing you see over and over again, it's cool that Will's doing something different.

I agree with you that a video doens't have to cost million dollars to be good, just look at Bjork's new video....but this video could have been much better

Edited by lilkimzone