JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Big Willie Style vs. Willenium

Alright Big Willie Style vs. Willenium...which do you think is better?

Personally, I like Big Willie Style just a little bit better. Willenium is all about taking it back which is cool but I just love Will's flow on Big Willie Style. It may be egotistical but I love how he's aggressive and the whole album is great. No wonder why it went 9 time platinum.

Don't get me wrong though about Willenium, a lot of JJFP on that which I love and old skool flavor loaded with cool cameos like Biz, Tatiyana Ali, MC Lyte...etc but theres just something about Big Willie Style that makes me like it a tiny bit better than Willenium.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
big willie style is rubbish filled with horrible ripped off beats with no originality and will rapping way 2 much abt his money cars fame etc... willennium is a hip hop classic filled with great ol skool raps..and some of the best music ever in a rap album :hyper: :hyper:

i like Willenium a little better, mainly coz it has songs like the rain and potnas and im comin. but what i really like about bws is all the female vocals in it, its also slighty more pop that willenium which kinda introduces ppl to hip hop and gets them listening 2 more stuff.

Yo bws was my first love, gettin' jiggy drove me crazy and I liked it's all good and chasing forever above all others songs.. But Willennium is true hip hop, I think it's the only album we can compare with code red!! I think it's perfect with tracks like will 2k, so fresh, pump me up, potnas, the rain, i'm comin', uhhh...Damn!! It's terrific!! :rofl:

BIG WILLIE STYLE - Commercial beats. They are good, but they are a little lackin' compared 2 the thick beats on Willennium. The beats are good, but not many of them have soul. Will's rhymes are good, but not 2 man that really stand out. It waz definitly the kind of album 2 rule the end of the 90's...but i don't think the entire album is timeless and long-standing. When u listen 2 it now, some of the trax make u say "that is late 90's Hip-Hop right there."

WILLENNIUM - This album has all kindsa flavas...kinda like Code Red. It's got a track 4 nearly every kind of Hip-Hop fan. After the success of Big Willie Style, Will is alot more relaxed on this album. He just dose what he wants and dose Will. And he's aggresive on this album, he's not aggressive on Big Willie Style at all.

WILLENNIUM is easily the better album.

I also choose Willennium, but I agree with Julie that BWS introduces Hip Hop 2 people that don't know anything about it. While I can't doubt that BWS has some really great trax/beats, Willennium is all about quality over quantity. It has 15 solid trax with no stops. BWS has 16 trax with 3 "Keith B-Real"s and an Intro/skit. That's Willennium - 15, Big Willie Style - 12

:bowdown: Willennium :bowdown:

Big Willie Style is a better album than Willenium 'cause there was some very hot songs on there that weren't singles:"Chasin' Forever" "Candy" "It's All Good" "Big Willie Style"(With Left Eye, he mentions Nas in the song but I don't get why Nas didn't rap a verse on it),"Don't Say Nothin'"etc... Willenium's hot too but after "I'm Comin'" the album didn't start heating up until that song "La Fiesta" where every song after that was ill! I thought that "Potnas" would made a better single than "Freakin' It" for the Philly scene 'cause that was a classic JJFP track similiar to "Twinkle, Twinkle"(I'm Not A Star). All of Will's albums are classics regardless to record sales! I'm saying that Big Willie Style is better for the flow (it's wack to say that this album was just commercial)over Willenium and not for record sales over Willenium. Will bragged alot more on Big Willie Style, but hell after being in the game so long I'd brag too. New rappers comin' out brag a whole lot but can't back a damn thing like Will can!

[quote=Hero1,Apr 13 2004, 05:25 AM]big willie style is rubbish filled with horrible ripped off beats with no originality and will rapping way 2 much abt his money cars fame etc... willennium is a hip hop classic filled with great ol skool raps..and some of the best music ever in a rap album :hyper: :hyper:[/quote]
Yeah I agree. But BWS is still a great album.

But if I were to try to get a newcomer to listen to Will, I'd suggest Willennium.
It's his best work yet.

[quote=bigted,Apr 13 2004, 02:10 PM]Big Willie Style is a better album than Willenium 'cause there was some very hot songs on there that weren't singles:"Chasin' Forever" "Candy" "It's All Good" "Big Willie Style"(With Left Eye, he mentions Nas in the song but I don't get why Nas didn't rap a verse on it),"Don't Say Nothin'"etc... Willenium's hot too but after "I'm Comin'" the album didn't start heating up until that song "La Fiesta" where every song after that was ill! I thought that "Potnas" would made a better single than "Freakin' It" for the Philly scene 'cause that was a classic JJFP track similiar to "Twinkle, Twinkle"(I'm Not A Star). All of Will's albums are classics regardless to record sales! I'm saying that Big Willie Style is better for the flow (it's wack to say that this album was just commercial)over Willenium and not for record sales over Willenium. Will bragged alot more on Big Willie Style, but hell after being in the game so long I'd brag too. New rappers comin' out brag a whole lot but can't back a damn thing like Will can![/quote]
Agreed!!!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

• Admin
big willie style is a good album for what it is..which was will doing what was hot at the time..will was coming back out after 4 years..he wasnt sure if his music would be commercially successful etc..so we had columbia/sony controlling things more.. ghostwriters..like nas writing raps with will cutting off rhymes very short..flashy raps abt how good u are etc..and trackmasterz who were very hot at the time..and part of sonys stable..simply sampling classic songs from the 80s...they produced most of the album..

now willennium was completely fresh prince in every sense... sure he included will2k/freakin it and da butta to please sony and his bws fans... but that album is for the jjfp hype fan no doubt..

This isn't even close. Willennium is by far the better album. As much as I love BWS, Willennium was strictly a classic hip-hop album. I think the problem with music today is that people are looking for music that's "hot". The problem with "hot" tracks is they usually lack creativity, orginality and authencity. You can argue that 50 Cent makes "hot" tracks but are they GOOD tracks? The other problem with "hot" tracks is they quickly fade away into oblivion(i.e. "The Thong Song"). Will people be bumping "In The Club" 5 years from now? I really doubt it. I will guarantee that 20 years from now, people will still bump Eric B. & Rakim's "I Ain't No Joke", JJFP's "Brand New Funk" or Common's "I Used To Love H.E.R." I would venture to say about 95% of rap music out today is way too interested in being "hot" as opposed to being true to hip-hop. BWS was a great album but it was not a pure hip-hop album. Willennium is pure hip-hop.