JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Freakin' It

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Apr 28 2004, 11:20 AM]I remember when Will said "Will 2K" waz far the best song on the album...it's funny when he's open about what he thinks is good and bad about his own work.[/quote]
One thing I find funny is how he changes his mind on what's good and bad...for example, when Wild Wild West came out, he said it would be huge and that he loved it. Then, Big Boy asked him what movie he didn't like and (just cuz it didn't do good at the box office?) he said WWW is wack. :dunno:

Will could have probably rapped on "Freakin' It" without the sample 2 get rid of the "popish" vibe. Listen 2 the track again, and imagine him rapping it over the scratches and maybe a drum beat with some bass. The closest 2 that is probably the House Mix. It could have been a song like "Break It Down" on The Magnificent album. :rock:

[quote=WildWildWillennium,Apr 28 2004, 07:36 PM][quote=JumpinJack AJ,Apr 28 2004, 11:20 AM]I remember when Will said "Will 2K" waz far the best song on the album...it's funny when he's open about what he thinks is good and bad about his own work.[/quote]
One thing I find funny is how he changes his mind on what's good and bad...for example, when Wild Wild West came out, he said it would be huge and that he loved it. Then, Big Boy asked him what movie he didn't like and (just cuz it didn't do good at the box office?) he said WWW is wack. :dunno:

Will could have probably rapped on "Freakin' It" without the sample 2 get rid of the "popish" vibe. Listen 2 the track again, and imagine him rapping it over the scratches and maybe a drum beat with some bass. The closest 2 that is probably the House Mix. It could have been a song like "Break It Down" on The Magnificent album. :rock: [/quote]
Well, when u are promoting a brand new movie, u can't exactly go on Late Night with David Letterman and say "my new movie is kind wack, but be sure to see it"...ya know? At the same time, there's a chance that during some promotional spots, the movie wazn't totally finished yet and Will hadn't seen the complete product.

And about "Freakin' It"...i think the lryics are fine, it's just that Trackmasters jacked a beat that has literally been used over 100 times. With the correct beat under his lyrics, the song could have had a chance at being huge (cuz it would have been a better song).

Will gets quite a lot of airplay in the UK, freakin it got quite a lot and MTV base played both 1000 kisses and so fresh. If i can remmember right i think freakin it got 2 number 9 in the charts. i didnt mind the song that much, lyrically it was really good, but i think there were better songs from Willenium that could have been released.

I think he can easily sell a lot of records over here with his new album (eventually).

Man, Will dosen't get any airplay in the US anymore. About 4 months ago, "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" came on a Top 40 radio station and i waz on my way 2 work. I got so hype...however, as the 2nd verse started, the station totally went out. It just cut off...i left it on 4 another minute hoping it woudl come back in...but it didn't.

• Members
it seems like no one likes will in australia. i was listening to a radio station that plays old songs (gold fm for those in aus.) and they go "and here's a real oldie...boom! shake the room by will smith!!! and i was like...what the hell??? they play songs from like the 70s and they call boom shake the room an oldie...

its been ages since i've heard any will smith song in australia. 1000 kisses didn't come out here...i didn't even see the freakin' video clip...i'm probably the most deprived jjfp fan...