JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Album...March

Hero1

I agree with DaBrakes, as I trust Will's judgement

I also believe that whoever will selected to do a song with for this album, It will all be on his terms so I'd wait to hear the tracks before deciding if the other artist sounds good on a track with Will as it might not be in their typical style

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with DaBrakes, as I trust Will's judgement

I also believe that whoever will selected to do a song with for this album, It will all be on his terms so I'd wait to hear the tracks before deciding if the other artist sounds good on a track with Will as it might not be in their typical style

I believe Will can get these rappers to make something good with him. I just wish he was using other rappers.

God Blessa!

Petey Pablo is the only rapper who I don't like! the others i have no problem with what so ever! Kanye can't do much wrong lately and Ludacris is one of the better MC's out there right now! Like cataboy3 said listen to his tracks! The mans got skills!

i don't know what u guys r worried about. Ludacris, Petey, etc. can all help will's album with the popularity they bring. we know will, right? will wouldnt allow ludacris or petey pablo 2 come on 1 of his tracks and wreck it with trash. i'm willing 2 bet their verses r more down 2 earth with no cussing, etc. will wouldnt let them trash a song like that. so im looking 4ward 2 thoze songs aswell.

btw, im cool with Luda but i thought his last album waz wack. i listened 2 it 1ce and then i felt like throwin it away

Yo! I just hope this album isnt a Willenium in terms of guests. 2-4 guests are fine but thats it. Willenium lacked lyrical content from FP. Too many guests on the album which took away from his time to rhyme. Some were good like Biz, Jeff and Slick Rick and Tatyana but thats about it. Now I don't mind someone singing the choruses like Dru Hill or Traknox (like on I'm Comin) but if the chorus takes away from a possible 2nd or 3rd verse, then forget it.

• Admin

petey pablos song "blow your whistle" is a great little track..if will and petey came up with sumthin like that id be happy :thumb: theres no guarantee these tracks will even make the album though..in 2 years wills probably got atleast 50 or 60 tracks to choose from..

sorry i'm late...but thanx 4 the news!!

I just hope that someday we will hear ALL his stuff!!! I wanne hear some more stuff from the Willennium album...the songs that were left off!! I still can't believe they didn't put "Holla Back" on the album!! I just hope that this time Will can put the best songs on the album!!!

The thing with these artist that will might have collaborated with, is that they are all popular at the moment which cant hurt his career can it? I would like to hear luda and Kayne, but im not looking forward to Petey as much. But if they are popular that means more fans, therefore more people buy the album and so we get our dream tour. Will is wiser than we give him credit for.

People who are gonna buy the album for a Petey Pablo or Ludacris colabo aren't the kinda fans FP needs. It's those same idiots who bought millions of copies of Big Willie Style and did NOT by Willennium and Born To Reign. Most of them would download that stuff b4 buying the album anyway. I don't like the idea of him working with them, but i'll keep my fingers crossed that i won't hate the trax cuz of 'em.

People who are gonna buy the album for a Petey Pablo or Ludacris colabo aren't the kinda fans FP needs. It's those same idiots who bought millions of copies of Big Willie Style and did NOT by Willennium and Born To Reign. Most of them would download that stuff b4 buying the album anyway. I don't like the idea of him working with them, but i'll keep my fingers crossed that i won't hate the trax cuz of 'em.

That's pretty much how I feel. The people who'll buy/download the album won't be FP fans, they'll be "what's hot now" fans.

But I got the glass half full that it will turn out good. I just hope there's a lot of tracks like on The Magnificient.

God Blessa!

Guest kristin

i say give petey pablo and luda a chance. they might bring somethin new and make it interesting. Plus, you'd all be surprised when u hear the rappers that Will has admitted he listens to.

Yeah, but at the same time, FP gives props 2 everybody. He dose that "team player" thing and always stays postive. He dosen't try 2 start drama and always finds the right thing 2 say about the other entertainers. He's giving props 2 Ja-Rule, Nelly, 50 Cent, etc. But when u listen 2 his lyrics, they often fit the discription of what he's dissing. The only people he's ever really shunned in music or interviews are Vanilla Ice (who he'd diss on the show and in "Dance or Die"), and Eminem, who, as in most of his career, only started mess 2 gain attention 2 overshadow his disappearing skillz.

When FP wants 2 give someone props, he dose in detail like with what he has said about 2Pac, where he went on about his intellegence in rhyme-writing. But when he talked 2 Nelly in that interview, he said something like "you are doing your thing" and i remember him saying something about 50 Cent being "hot." There's a big difference between saying someone his "hot" and going on about their skillz and admeration 4 their music. I've only remember him ever talking about listening to Public Enemy, 2Pac, Dr. Dre, Notorious B.I.G. when it comes 2 Hip-Hop and Rap.

• Admin

wills always adapting though..in 93 he worked with the "hot" producers of the time..teddy riley, pete rock, dallas austin.. for big willie style he worked with the "hot" producers trackmasterz and did an album a lot like the stuff that was out then.. im sure the album will be great and if a couple of tracks with ludacris and petey pablo who are constantly in the charts at the minute help sell a few copies i dont mind