JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Album...March

Hero1

I think that there's too many guest appearances now, there should be no more than 3 guest appearances on an album

Your statement reminds me of one of Skee-Lo's lines on his I Can't Stop album. He jokes about saying he wants 2 put out his album..."not a rap mixtape / with a bunch of other artists, i can hold my weight." I like Montell Jordan's idea of an album focusing on the artist and that collabo songs should be done for stuff like soundtracks. Collabos used 2 be rare occasion and usually were great songs. Since the late-90's...everybody had tons of collabos which is just lazy. They just want the other artists 2 attract sales they normally wouldn't get and have 2 put less of themselves in the music. It's quite depressing.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Public Enemy doesn't have guest appearances on their albums either, they collaborated with KRS-ONE on the "He Got Game" soundtrack and they collaborated with Moby on the '04 Olympic Soundtrack, on their last album "Revolvolution" they actually had a contest over the internet where some fans remixed some of their songs and it sounded dope, that would be a great idea if JJFP did that with this album! :rock: