JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

eminem: your opinion here

sonic1988

are you cool with eminem or do you hate him?!?!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. are you cool with eminem or do you hate him?!?!

• cool with him
    • he sucks!!

Guest Prince
Man I'm cool with Em. I'm not saying hes my favourite rapper, at the moment 2Pac probably is. I don't agree with the image Em portrays all the time, or with some of the messages he gives in his music but I'm still cool with him because many of his songs are well produced with a nice beat - songs like Lose Yourself I really have to praise him for (I seem to remember on the old sony boards half of y'all did too). He's giving a really positive vybe in that song and it's dopely put together.

I just wonder though - I doubt any of y'all that hate him have ever not nodded ya head to at least one of his songs. If you even only feel and like a few of his songs like I do then how can you honestly say you hate him?

I'll get my coat before I get lynched by an irate mob... :eek4: :rofl:

I'm cool with Em. I think that being the big Will fans that we are we're letting emotions get the better of us. If we all hated who's ever dissed Will... well that'd be a whole mess of people to hate. You have to admit, whether you like him or not, the guy can rap. I admit that there was a period where I didn't listen to Em because of that jab at Will for the moonman thing, but it's what he does. Em's like terrorism (I'm not saying that I'm cool with terrorism, quite the opposite) if you let them get to you they win(ie. the whole controversy over his lyrics which, I'm told, sparked a multi platinum release). Though I do have to say no one has to worry about Em contending with Will on the big screen. What a stretch of his acting ability it must have been to play a down and out white rapper.

Eminem...hmmmmm. When he 1st came out, i thought he waz ill. He waz funny and creative. All the beats were good but not over-produced for radio success. I kinda liked his 2nd album but the beats started getting over-produced. Half of the lyrics were creative, the other half were just obnoxious and gimmicks just 2 get attention. After The Marshall Mathers LP, i stopped supporting him. The production dosen't impress me at all anymore and most of his lyrics are played-out trash. I did like "Lose Yourself" but when it got heavy radio airplay, the magic of the song died. The track he did 4 that 2Pac Ressurection album waz pretty good. I think he realized that he's have 2 write something good if he waz gonna lay the rap next 2 one of 2Pac's. I think the new D12 track is hilarious but i doubt the rest of the album will be worth a listen.

Yep Eminem is overrated, but he has great talent in his own genre of Rap. Im just not really a big fan. I bought his 2nd album a few years back and thought it was alrite. But obviously I'll pick Big Will over him anyday

im cool wit em', nuttin wrong with him, sure he disses his mum, but thats funny as hell tellin the world of his struggle of growin up on the black side of 8 mile detroite, his early songs were better than the songs on his new album,

Guest lambertj3
He;s not that bad, he's hella funny and a lyrical genius to boot. By the way 50 cent and g-unit dosen't suck they along with everyone on aftermath is the hottest team out right now. Check the billboard charts for proof gggggg-unit!

• Members
[quote]By the way 50 cent and g-unit dosen't suck they along with everyone on aftermath is the hottest team out right now. Check the billboard charts for proof gggggg-unit![/quote]
I feel sorry for your parents :nhawong:

But eminem I like verry much, i totally agree whit what AJ said tough I liked him until he started to act all tough and serious on the eminem show, the slim shady LP songs are lyricly great and funny aswell. But mainly ever since he got to succsfull he started to get worse, and getting 50cent on his team didnt help either. And about wanting fun? uhmm... eminem is based moe on fun then any othe MC i know you all just take the things he says to serious, I mean I dont know how old you are, when i was 12 and he first came out I dint like him either but I think from lik 15 you should undstand that it are jokes and jsut rhymes not ment serious and it wont influence anyone in his right mind to become agresive

Know what? He can be a good Lyricist, but he sells his albums using his Name, not his talent. Come one. "without Me"? He's done Waaaay better in the past.

I myself, Don't really like him. His Rhymes seem to always wind up saying the same thing. then there is that switch up song, every 5-10 songs, where he raps about something different >_<