JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

alguien sabe porque eminem critica a will smith?

Guest uncle phill

Guest uncle phill
hey,i´m javier,from spain,my english is not very clear,but someone knows why eminem diss on will?i've heard that eminem says will isn`t a real rapper.
I think that big willie is one of the greatest rappers,because he doesn't need cursing in their rymes,and he is a rapper at heart.
What do you think????

BIG WILLIE POWER!!!!!!

Hey, welcome to the board.

Eminem said he used to really respect Will until Will made comments about how he didn't need to cuss to get where he did at an award show.

I agree with you. I respect Will and other rappers more when they can be more creative and choose not cuss in their music.

God Blessa!

Guest uncle phil
Ok man!!!!!something similar i`ve heard,but are replies to eminem or others rappers songs like"don`t say nothing","uhhh","freak this","yes yes y'all","numero uno","i`m comin" etc?sometimes i don´t understand the meaning of will smith's songs!!!!
And other question,someone knows about the new album????I`ve read that first single is a colaboration with mary j blige,but nothing more.
Here in spain i don't have much information.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PEACE AND HIP HOP!!!!!

You listed some good songs in relation to Will's response to other rappers. The song Born to Reign is also a great example.

We heard about the song with Mary J. Blige too. It would be great if it was a single. Will also did four songs with "Petey Pablo". And Will said the album will be more oldschool and has a "retro vibe". There's also word that Jazzy Jeff and Kel Spencer will be on this album. I [i]think[/i] that's all we know so far.

God Blessa! Edited by djsilvertiger

Man that's his life.Dissing people then making friends with them.I personally like Eminem.His my third fav rapper.

Is there anybody he hasn't dissed yet?

I don't like it when he disses Will, but I still like his music.And I think he's a cool dude.Don't you?

:afro: :afro:

I remmember seeing an MTV awards show i think it was bk in 1999. And Will beat eminem 2 best rapper. Thats when Will made his speech of how he didnt cuss or kill any1 in his records. The camera went to eminem and he looked really annoyed (haha), and i think thats where it stems from.

I also hate eminem he has a really annoying voice and i dont think he can rap at all, his sucess isnt based on skill its based on controversy.

But yeah em disses every1, it boosts his sales!

Well beef is somethin' that every M.C. in the game has to face sooner or later, but at the end of the day it's all good. They're all professionals that have to find a way to compete. It all comes down to skills in the end, just like sports, off the court in the NBA Jordan and Barkley were best friends, but on the court they wanted to kill each other when they played. If Eminem tries to diss Will again, Will should diss him back, but the beef should be kept on wax. There's enough cake out there for every rapper to eat, so we shouldn't take this too serious!

eminem will never diss jeff because when he won a grammy or mtv award (i don't remember which one) a couple of years ago while he said tnx to dr. dre and all the people who helped him, he also thanked jeff.

i got a question, in the song "when to stand up" of jeff and em, eminem said:
"Back then, when will smith was still the fresh prince
And him and jeff were still best friends, i guess then
I decided to cut class to rap full time"

jeff and will had problems back then? :confused:

Guest uncle phill
Well,i think eminem is very talent,i feel that he diss many times only for marketing.Anyway i think that the rap...and not only the rap,the music isn't a competition,would be not.music is the way to express yourself,your feelings,you ideas,but without any violence,because today many kids listen to rap music and rap is not guns,cars,"mother****er",naked ladies..i think.WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT RAP TODAY AND HIS EVOLUTION??
i hope old school returns without gansta,i luv big willie,ll cool j,NAS,biz markie,slick rick,wycleaf,lauryn hill,warren g,keith murray,eminem too!!!
i love r&b too!!!!hehehehehe.

RESPECT!!!PEACE!!!

The thing is, Will doesn't have 2 diss the haters back. He lets them do as they wish, but we all know who the real fools are in the end. Notice that, unlike Eminem, Will doesn't speak directly 2 anyone. Not cuz he can't, but cuz he chooses not 2.

As far as Eminem starting 2 diss Will cuz of his speech, that would be really stupid. He probably did like him. He probably liked him so much that he became jealous of him...just like any other hater would.

Hip hop today is unoriginal when every rapper copies off of another. There are few artists willing to be themselves like Nas, Outkast, and Kanye West are. I think that the lyricist part of the game is gone when most just make songs to get the TRL fans to vote on instead of making music from the heart! There's nothing wrong with battling when it helps bring creativeness to the frontline, just like that Nas and Jay-Z battle, they brough tthe classic albums "God's Son" and "The Blueprint". When Nelly dissed KRS-ONE, KRS-ONE came back to make 2 underground classics in one year"Spiritual Minded" and Kristyles", in which I enjoyed. Enough said, battling brings a better way to express yourself because freestyling is real hip-hop, but Will comes back at gangsta rappers by being original, that's what makes him better than other rappers today! Old school hip-hop will reign supreme!